Archinect
anchor

american in europe

someone

if i get a masters in architecture in europe what do i have to do to practice in the u.s.?

Jun 5, 11 12:10 pm
da_la

to get licensed in the US you would need to -

- send your diplome & curriculum for evaluation at your states architecture board
- 3 year idp (internship)
- pass ARE tests

* keep in mind, some states require you to have a diploma from a school authorised  by NCARB.

Jun 5, 11 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
someone

ok, thanks a lot. i looked at the NCARB website and it left me with another question or two: is it difficult to get your foreign degree certified by NAAB through their Education Evaluation Service for Architects (EESA) program? the website mentioned that NY doesn't accept the the EESA; does that mean that they flat out don't allow foreign trained architects to work in their state? are their other avenues? you mentioned that some states require architects to have a diploma from a NCARB authorized school. do you mean states like NY? 

Jun 5, 11 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
da_la

If your school is on the ncarb certified list for foreign schools than it is not a problem, If it isn't then it can be costly to you, and EESA might ask you to complete some extra courses in the USA. BUT, I know that New York and California architect boards don't ask for NCARB at all, hence you do not need to complete any EESA/NCARB application. So you don't have to worry.

Jun 5, 11 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
someone

is there a list out there of which states do and do not require NCARB?

Jun 6, 11 1:51 am  · 
 · 
kenneyron70

mobile car cleaning

Jun 6, 11 5:31 am  · 
 · 
da_la

sorry, I meant NAAB accredited, not NCARB..

http://www.ncarb.org/Getting-an-Initial-License/Registration-Board-Requirements.aspx?jurisid=53

you can check per state - Initial registration item #2 to see if the state requires NAAB accredited.

I am sure you can also find a complete list per state. I know I saw one before.

Jun 6, 11 1:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: