Archinect
anchor

NCARB/ARE

Arzo

Just got this email tonight...

Washington, DC—This week the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) released important news about the Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) and the Intern Development Program (IDP). NCARB's Board of Directors took action against eight ARE candidates for disclosing exam content on the internet, and IDP will undergo its first significant update since its inception over 30 years ago.

May 1, 09 8:51 pm
outthere

yup ..got that too

May 1, 09 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
simples

I always thought there was very little support in terms of studying for the ARE's...even when i tried to search locally for organized study groups, not much around...especially with the new ARE's taking effect...

so, i am not surprised people search forums online for info and pointers on the ARE's, and people taking the test share with what they feel appropriate, as they try to help...hopefully it won't prevent people from helping each other...

May 1, 09 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
Arzo

The ARE's are unrealistic, poorly written and there just isn't any comprehensive test prep material out there. Their very own message "for the health, safety and welfare" is not tested on and often lost in the actual content of the exams. I hope they reconsider their actions against the candidates.

May 2, 09 10:15 am  · 
 · 
revitts

yes, received that email too. who were the cheaters?

May 2, 09 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
mleitner

NCARB message on ARE Forum:

http://www.areforum.org/forums/forum2/70507.html

May 3, 09 11:42 am  · 
 · 

Does this mean that the hold on score releases is over and that I might actually find out about my exams soon?

May 4, 09 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

good. cheating fucks finally pay the consequences.

May 4, 09 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
nappy

What's the best prep material for studying for ARE 4.0?

Kaplan? Etc.

Anyone have experience/suggestions?
thx

May 4, 09 9:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: