Archinect
anchor

Norm Dorf Online ARE Lecture Series $$$

Pacific

Has anyone shelled out the hundreds of dollars for the Norm Dorf Online ARE Lecture Series? Are they worthwhile and worth the very high costs? Hasn't anyone posted this on YouTube? Thanks.

Broke and unlicensed,

p.

Apr 26, 09 10:30 am
outed

pacific -

norm himself is dead, so i'm assuming these are just broadcasts of his past lectures.

personally, i'd do everything you can to get free materials - i used the ballard books (the 2 volumes) and passed everything first shot. you might be able to find them at a local university.

unless you really have issues with the a.r.e. practice tests (passing or understanding them), i wouldn't go the more expensive seminars first.

see if there is an a.r.e. study group in your area - some aia chapters put them together (and you most likely wouldn't have to be a member to hook up into one).

Apr 26, 09 10:41 am  · 
 · 
gresham

outed is correct.... save your $$$$. as someone who recently finished the AREs, I would highly recommend getting a copy of dorf's book, though. it's worth the money and you might be able to find it used from someone else who is taking the tests now.

if you read dorf's book, pay attention to the fatal errors, and run through the practice vignettes several times, you will be fine! i really don't think the lectures are essential.

Apr 26, 09 11:13 am  · 
 · 
Pacific

thanks outed and gresham.
i appreciate the advice.
right, i understood dorf passed on some time ago, but his video legacy lives on.
thanks again.

pacific

Apr 26, 09 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
innes

use the are forum as well:
http://www.areforum.org/

this was very useful to me when i did the ARE, particularly the graphic exams. you can probably find someone selling their old Dorf books and other study material as well.

Apr 26, 09 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: