Archinect
anchor

CSE Flash Cards Now Available!

SoCalArch

There are new CSE study materials available based on the 2009 study plan for anyone attempting to attain licensure in California.

They are in flash card format and are currently available as digital PDF documents, or as printed versions. There are two options for purchase - (1) Digital Only for $35 or (2) Printed for $45 & the digital comes free of charge.

They were compiled from a study group of four architectural professionals for preparation of the exam. As a licensed architect it is my professional opinion that they are concise focused questions and answers that will provide a comprehensive & simulated method of preparation for the exam.

Let me know if anyone has any questions, and I’ll answer as best as I can, or I’ll put you in touch with the author, or members of the study group.

Bonanzle:

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/CalArch/items/CSE_California_Supplemental_Exam_Flash_Cards_Digital_PDF

Craigslist - San Francisco:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bks/1129760904.html

Ecrater:

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=4230983

Apr 24, 09 1:28 am
SoCalArch

TTT

May 7, 09 1:17 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Dude. Just buy an ad and stop spamming up the discussion boards.

May 7, 09 11:07 am  · 
 · 
archnut

Hi All,

I'm very interested in getting these to study for my upcoming oral, but want to make sure they are legit.

Has anyone here purchased them?

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Travis

Jun 5, 09 11:37 am  · 
 · 
archnut

Anyone?

If not, I may just purchase them and report back.

-T

Jun 14, 09 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
archnut

Well, I finally had a some spare time to get back to everyone here. Been burried for while!

Anyhow, I went ahead and bought these flash cards for my upcoming CSE oral in September. Only a month away, Yikes!

I've been using them along with a few other sources for the past month or so. The other sources I've been using are Richard Chylinski's (attended his seminar as well) example test booklets, an outline / notes from a friend, CAB recomended study sources, and Boardway's book. I have also heard about a guy named Dean Lee that does a seminar that is suppose to be good, but I don't know first hand since I haven't attended it.

These CSE flash cards appear to simulate the exam well. I've been studying with a friend, and we have been taking turns asking each other the questions, which seems to work well for both of us. They appear to cover all the new sections in the latest (2009) CAB test plan. The questions are harder than I anticipated for flash cards, but they are well written and they cover most of the the CAB's recomended material.

Hope that help others out there studying for the CA oral.

Back to studying.

If I nail this, I'm done with tests for while!

-T

Aug 21, 09 11:35 am  · 
 · 
SoCalArch

archnut,

Thanks for the great feedback!

Hopefully, your September exam notice comes with a big Passing Score.

Sep 29, 09 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
archnut

SoCalArch,

You are very welcome!

I passed my exam! I am done with testing for now, or at least until I go after the LEED exam.

Thank you for creating a great product.

-T

Oct 27, 09 11:55 am  · 
 · 
RealLifeLEED

wow... that is the most elaborate yet clearly fake spam I've ever seen... they even spread it out over weeks!

Oct 27, 09 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
archnut

Damn, bitter party of one calling....bitter party of one! haha....

I have no association with the seller, which appears to be SoCalArch.

I'm thought my feedback might act as an objective resource to help others with this tough exam.

I did mention in a previous post that I used multiple items to study with to prepare for my exam. Those flash cards were not the only thing I used to pass my exam. Just one of many! I believe there is no silver bullet for this exam. There is just too much material to cover to only use one source.

It is really too bad when someone jumps all over people on an online forum who are only out to help others. What a shame!

Nov 13, 09 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
SoCalArch

Happy New Year Everyone!

May everybody's 2010 be better than 2009.

Jan 1, 10 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
tstudio

I found this link while searching for cse study materials online. I'm interested in getting a hold of a printed set of these for my upcoming my exam in a few months.

However, I don't want to set up an account on those auction sites. Are they available just through Paypal? If so, what e-mail can I send payment to?

Thanks!

Feb 2, 10 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
SoCalArch

Hi there,

Glad you found the flash cards through your online searching.

Yes, you do not have to set up an account on the sites as we accept payments directly through Paypal for the cards.

The Paypal e-mail is leedflash(at)hotmail.com

Hope that helps!

Feb 5, 10 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
tstudio

Got it. Thank you!

I didn't want to go through the process of setting up an account on an auction site just to get a hold of them.

Will be sending payment in a few days.

Feb 11, 10 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
SoCalArch

Good luck to all the candidates sitting for their CSE this coming Monday and Tuesday in Northern California.

Break a leg!

Mar 13, 10 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
SoCalArch

Best of luck to candidates taking their exam this month on the 17th and 18th in Southern California!

May 7, 10 1:19 am  · 
 · 
SoCalArch

I'd like to congratulate everyone who passed their May exam. Don't be discouraged if you did not pass. Just persevere, and it will eventually work out! Keep in mind the fact that you have already taken the exam means you will be much more in tune with the exam and its format. For those sitting for the upcoming July exam, keep your focus and do the best you can!

Jun 26, 10 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
SoCalArch

Wishing everyone who took the exam yesterday good luck! To those taking it today - keep your chin up, focus, and do the best you can!

Jul 20, 10 11:28 am  · 
 · 
SoCalArch

We would like to wish all the CSE candidates taking the exam this Monday and Tuesday good luck!

Sep 20, 10 12:23 am  · 
 · 
SoCalArch

Hopefully everyone that took their September Exam did well, and the pass letter comes soon!

The November exam is just around the corner, and those candidates are probably buried in studying. Keep up the hard work, it will eventually pay off.

Oct 11, 10 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

omg is there anything i can do to help me pass the november cse?!?

i'm scurred !!

Oct 11, 10 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
Thom Yorke

Please try my product.

You're gonna like the way you look, i guarantee it!

Oct 11, 10 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Please someone buy these and put them up on a torrent so this dude will disappear forever.

Oct 11, 10 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

This infomercial thread is like a menstrual cycle. One every month, there's some movement.

Oct 12, 10 12:08 am  · 
 · 
SoCalArch

It is amazing how negative some people are! It is a shame that many forums have become places for anonymous bashing instead of areas to find information to help our profession.

Truly sad.

Hopefully, the real professionals trying to finish up their license are not discouraged by all cynicism here and keep focused on their exams!

Nov 8, 10 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Just buy an ad and stop spamming up the discussion boards.

Nov 8, 10 6:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: