Archinect
anchor

Obama: LEED AP!

l3wis

The White House announced today that President Obama passed the U.S. Green Building Council's (USGBC) LEED NC v2.2 accreditation examination, and is now a LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP). White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said that the President got his AP because he strongly believes that green building and the LEED system are critical to stimulating a green economic recovery, reducing the country's dependence on foreign oil, and mobilizing the international community to meet the challenge of global climate change.

"Becoming a LEED AP is one of the proudest accomplishments of my life" said President Obama. "I decided that now was the time to get my AP, especially in light of the upcoming changes to USGBC's credentialing system . . . Green building is right for our economy, right for our health care system, and right for our future. LEED points the way towards the development of truly regenerative and sustainable communities, and now that I have my AP, I'm confident that I'm prepared for the job of rebuilding our country", the President added. "I learned all about LEED from my daughters Sasha and Malia, who attend the Sidwell School, the first LEED Platinum certified school. Malia persuaded me to become a LEED AP; she even registered me for the exam herself."

USGBC CEO Rick Fedrizzi congratulated the President on this outstanding achievement. "It's impressive that President Obama found the time to study for and pass the exam while evaluating and making tough policy decisions about the nation's financial and automobile industry crises, the situation in Afghanistan, and preparing for his trip to the G20 summit", said Mr. Fedrizzi. "Many others study for months, and have difficulty passing the first time. USGBC is proud to count Mr. Obama as the first President of any country as a LEED AP", added Mr. Fedrizzi.

Apr 14, 09 3:28 pm
drums please, Fab?

you're 13 days late ..

Apr 14, 09 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
l3wis

oh, poo

Apr 14, 09 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?
poo

is a potentially hazardous particulate pollutant that reduces indoor environmental quality.

i would follow EQ credit 5 - indoor chemical & pollutant source control and 'employ permanent entryway systems at least six feet long in the primary direction of travel to capture dirt and particulates (i.e. poo) from entering the building at entryways that are directly connected to the outdoors and that serve as regular entry points for building users.'

Apr 14, 09 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
med.

I think this was an April fools.

Apr 14, 09 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

i hope so

Apr 14, 09 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

must have been - nothing on the USGBC website... (yeah, I'm a fool for having looked).

Apr 14, 09 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
med.

[url=http://www.interiordesign.net/blog/1860000586/post/590043059.html[/url]

It was an april fools

Apr 14, 09 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
Cdubs

Good thing it's a joke, I thought I was way too busy to take the exam this spring, guess I was right. More time to watch TV now.

Apr 14, 09 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
gonad

i was really confused for a second, i knew something was fishy.
"Becoming a LEED AP is one of the proudest accomplishments of my life" said President Obama."
I was going to ask wouldn't becoming a president be the proudest accomplishments of his life

meh

Apr 15, 09 5:42 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

my test is next month

Apr 16, 09 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
fays.panda

Anti, never figured you would be the LEED kind of guy

Apr 17, 09 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

mine's late june but i may bump it up to late may

Apr 17, 09 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

been doing work on LEED projects since 2003, just never got AP then the company i was with pressured everybody to become LEED AP and fired more than 1/2 of them.

Apr 18, 09 3:00 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

ima leed ap r u?

Apr 1, 10 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
2step

The question is is anyone renewing their Lead AP?

Apr 1, 10 2:02 pm  · 
 · 

" one of the proudest moments of my life" that should have been the first tip...

that is like saying "the highlight of my day is the alarm clock going off"

Apr 2, 10 4:28 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

WAY TO GO BARRY O.

SO COOL DAT WE ARE LEED AP!

Apr 1, 13 11:40 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

GoBama!

Apr 1, 14 12:20 pm  · 
 · 

he still has not put back Jimmy Carter's solar panels that Reagan tore down!

Apr 1, 14 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

The Nobel, and now this?  Clear off the mantle in the East Room, Michelle!

Apr 1, 14 4:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: