Archinect
anchor

An uncool thread - organized religion or not?

observant

We make take pictures of places of worship, or talk about them, and, to some, they are still part of the societal landscape or they wouldn't be designed, built,  and/or restored.

So then, with all this talk of other candidates and not maintaining the status quo, what are your feelings about religion?

You have 5 choices:

1. I was brought up in a religion and still practice it, or found another and practice that one.
  2. I was brought up in a religion and rarely, if ever, practice, so it's more of a tradition or cultural thing for me.
  3. I was reared in a religion, but I am not interested in that religion, or any other.
  4. I was not reared in a religion, and I am not interested in religion.
  5. Self-designed choice ... i.e. in your own words

My answer is 2.  You know how you sometimes need someone to hold up a mirror to you?  My cousin did that.  She said "Your rapport with religion is mostly superficial."  Wow.  It was like a lightning bolt.  However, I had to give it some thought and acknowledge it.

If you want to be provide insight, feel free to do so.

Nov 30, 13 11:26 am
curtkram

I'm switching to somewhat of an interdenominational religion. Kind of a combination of the Greek and Roman pantheons. I can't see how an architect could practice without firm faith in the gods, since traditional forms and philosophies were developed with them in mind.

Nov 30, 13 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
observant

Curt, I'm thinking I'm reading sarcasm, but have always assumed 3 in your case, though this thread was not designed to deduce this.  I'm just guessing, given the geography.  I have a feeling that religiosity is low among those in the design professions.

Nov 30, 13 2:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: