Archinect
anchor

So you lost your job...

gruen

...now what? I'm fearing for my job, and wonder what is next. Sure, there is unemployment, but after that...then what? What's your exit strategy/coping method, etc?

Apr 9, 09 8:20 pm
StudioWookie

there aint much...unemployment checks usually last 12 months....and hope that this ish gets better by then.

Apr 10, 09 1:35 am  · 
 · 
LucasGray

After unemployment comes reemployment! You find another job. Maybe you have to move to a new city, maybe you start your own company maybe the economy improves and you get rehired at your current firm. Economic climates are cyclical. In a few years things will recover and people will start hiring again. It may not be the same lavish overspending like it was a couple years ago but confidence in the economy will return.

-Lucas Gray
www.talkitect.com

Apr 10, 09 5:31 am  · 
 · 
outthere

First thing dont be afraid ..things will get better soon ...but in the mean time KEEP BUSY...it was the only thing that kept me sane for the 4 months when I was unemployed ...take the LEED exam ...do Competitions ..design furniture ...do all the stuff you wanted to do but never had time for ...thats what I did and it was extremely gratifying which helped me keep my spirit and confidence up.

Apr 11, 09 11:35 am  · 
 · 
xaia

Get involved with volunteer work. It's also an opportunity to network and meet new people. You'll also quit feeling sorry for yourself when you see what other's are going through.

Take advantage of the time off, it will get better.

Apr 12, 09 12:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: