Archinect
anchor

Serpentine 2009 announced

Jr.

Japanese architects Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa to design Serpentine Pavilion

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/visual_arts/architecture_and_design/article6023653.ece

Apr 3, 09 5:48 am
Flux44

The visuals for this pavillion are truly awful. What the hell where they thinking? I'm so angry that when presented with such an amazing opportunity to do something great and potentially inspiring SANAA have come out with this half baked idea. The visuals are literally shocking and I actually can't believe they submitted them. I think I would have been sent out of a first year tutorial if I had turned up with images like that.

I'm so angry at this that I think I am going to punch a horse to the ground on my way home...

Apr 3, 09 6:35 am  · 
 · 
fays.panda

i agree with you, but i say we wait and judge it when its built, which is soon

Apr 3, 09 6:59 am  · 
 · 
Flux44

I hope that I HAVE prematurely judged the SANAA Serpentine pavillion proposal as a waste of time...andthat I will be proved wrong when it is built.

Maybe when it is built I will understand what their main intention is...because the current renders do nothing to help sell this idea.

Apr 3, 09 7:07 am  · 
 · 
lekizz

Can't see what has made you so angry, to be honest. It sounds like an interesting scheme. The visuals are only there to give a general impression, aren't they? Did you want fully realised construction drawings or something?!

Apr 3, 09 8:15 am  · 
 · 

i actually like how sanaa don't try too hard to blow you away with their visuals. proof is in the pudding.

Apr 3, 09 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
LucasGray

I agree the images are slightly disappointing but with their track record of making fantastic spaces I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here.

Lets see the built piece!

Lucas Gray
www.talkitect.com

Apr 4, 09 5:04 am  · 
 · 
eCoDe

just one rendering piece is not enough to judge...

Apr 5, 09 6:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: