Archinect
anchor

Looking for some really good Building Animations...

lletdownl

Anyone have any examples of some really good or interestingly executed building animations?

In particular I am looking for some interesting diagrammatic or conceptual animations which are primarily flash based... I am also looking for great examples of 3D Walk-through stuff and larger scale fly around animations.

I have 15 min of media to create for a competition entry, and though ive done several before, im looking for some new inspiration... im looking for better ways to animate traffic flows, stacking diagrams, adjacency, systems and materials as well as overall building shots and walk-throughs ... any help is welcome!

thanks everyone

Mar 30, 09 10:45 am
cowgill

damn - 15 minutes is a lot of media!

the REX Museum Plaza animation is worth checking out.

see also:
tronicstudio.com
josephkosinski.com
dbox
spine3d
hayesdavidson
Snohetta (can't think of the Norway studio that does their digital work but it's seductive)

... some of these start to get into photo real quite a bit but might spur some creative juices nonetheless... good luck

Mar 30, 09 11:42 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

wow cowgil, thanks a lot for that rex museum plaza animation... very very cool idea...
weve used spine 3d before, they do some good stuff as well... ill check all these out! thanks for the help

Mar 30, 09 11:51 am  · 
 · 
trace™

15 minutes?! You must have read that wrong!!

Mar 30, 09 11:53 am  · 
 · 
cowgill

that's what i thought ~ 15 is a lifetime of purely generated content.

Mar 30, 09 11:55 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

nope... its 15 min w/ narration. it must be a typical competition requirement for jobs in china, as this will be the 3rd ive done. In the past, there is maybe 2 min of 3d animation, and 10 or so of diagrammatic flash movies and animations... they are no fun... trust me...

Mar 30, 09 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Interesting...I hope it is at least a billion dollar project! That would take a pro firm months to complete just the video.

Any examples online of past competition entries?

Good luck!

Mar 30, 09 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
cowgill

yeah ~ do share lletdownl !!

Mar 30, 09 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
archiwhat

You've probably seen it already but it's one of the best animations I've ever seen - OMA's CCTV. And the music is great.

I also like the BIG SLUSSEN Master Plan by BIG.

Mar 30, 09 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

Well, no examples online as the files are generally in excess of a couple gigs. Fortunately for me, most of the animation is nuts and bolts building information in the form of graphics and diagrams. So they are relatively simple animations which can mostly be done with simple tweening in flash. Even with that, it takes a few weeks of non stop work to finish 15 min of even the most basic flash and 3d animating.

Perhaps at the end of this competition, i can try to post this video to youtube or something... depending on how nice it turns out...

Mar 30, 09 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
DJ7910

lletdownl

I'm interested to see what one of the 15 min. presentations looks like.
Any chance you could take one of the past projects and step it done to 480x320 or lower at mpeg 4, maybe cut it in segments and post it on Youtube?

Take a look at these groups also-
designstor.com
rmdesignstudio.com
neoscape.com
skyscraper-digital.com
greengrassstudios.com
smoothe.co.uk

Mar 30, 09 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix
This Video is pretty cool
Apr 28, 09 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
guybez

here are some personal animations with aftereffects, just getting started with the program and architecture content

concrete house animation

what is the future library?

thatch box animation

Jun 24, 09 6:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: