Archinect
anchor

detailed 3d/drawing for the connection between curtain wall and concrete slab

cmrhm

anyone has link containing 3d perspective explaining the connection between curtain wall and concrete slab? I did some DD for this kind of connection, and also saw the shopping drawings from the glass curtain wall manufacturer. But never fully understand its mechanics.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Jun 3, 11 11:26 pm
awaiting_deletion

the r.conc. slab and columns as they be...provide a framework to mount steel clips to...to mount curtain wall to.

ARE basic exam question - where do you put the joints?

go for it...

Jun 4, 11 1:14 am  · 
 · 
cmrhm

Thanks for those terminology. I know them as well. I just need to see some on-site video or pictures to convince myself.

for the q: manufacturer prefer on the top of the slab.

i found this company halfen provide some sort of 3d information:

http://www.google.com.hk/#hl=zh-CN&newwindow=1&safe=strict&q=halfen+deha+curtain+wall+and+slab+connection&oq=halfen+deha+curtain+wall+and+slab+connection&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=124949l128187l0l22l16l0l0l0l9l308l3097l0.9.5.1&fp=5b0fe973ff4eaed6&biw=1431&bih=695

Jun 4, 11 1:57 am  · 
 · 
cmrhm

I just found out there is not much response for my earlier question.

anyone please help? 

Jun 21, 11 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

cmrhmmmm, how's it hanging my man?

Perhaps you are not getting many responses because, typically, most details in architecture are done in 2D and not 3D. Reason being, we kinda trained (for years) to be able to read such graphics. Perhaps an average housewife, or a decent accountant will not be able to read architectural details, but architects should. 

You should.

Shame on you for asking! cmrmphhhh

Jun 22, 11 1:12 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Google is your friend.

http://architecturenotes.com/blog/2010/5/9/curtain-wall-installation.html

Jun 22, 11 8:12 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i love the turn arrow becoming an architectural note in the photo. props to the photog.

Jun 22, 11 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
Trout7000

Early in my career, I worked in the engineering office of a steel-framed curtain wall fabricator and installer.  Typically, we would shop-fabricate panels with 6" steel studs with sheathing and sometimes exterior finish.  With a crane, we would lift hte panels into position and simply weld the studs to the perimiter angle, using shims for adjustment.  We would brace the oanels from the lower story windoe head diagonally to the floor decking above.  Braces were again simply 6" steel studs welded.  I'm having trouble with this editing window, so I'll write more some other time.

.  a

E

Jun 23, 11 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
struct01

look on some curtain walling websites like kawneer, schueco, comar, duplus,  reynaers etc

i'm remember seeing something on one of the websites.  if not pnone them and ask.

Jun 23, 11 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
some person

I hear you. I did not fully understand curtainwall attachments until I saw them installed. There aren't many good online resources. I posted some photos of installation on the Jobsite Pic of the Day thread a few years ago... Attachment to precast slabs which were later covered with concrete washes.

Jun 23, 11 11:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: