Archinect
anchor

Lighting Designers whithin architecture/interior deisgn firms

sid1

Has anyone come across this phenomenon! Do design firms have in-house lighting designers. If yes, what kind of firms. I am an architect/lighting designer, and have a few years experience working in independent lighting design, but am now looking at working within a larger team. I have realised over the years that its creatively more staisfying working as part of a bigger team, since otherwise one tends to work against each other. Like the architect v/s the LD or even worse the ID v/s LD. Does anyone have any insight into this phenomenon.

Mar 1, 09 7:53 am
kyleseyz

yes? Lots of big firms have in house lighting design departments. I still think there ends up being a lot of ID vs LD on teams though. Just be assertive and let them know that that dopey pendant fixture they HAVE to use won't cut it. In my firm the lighting design department plays a large part in projects during DD and CDs, so there's still a chance you could find a job with a firm out there. Start calling big firms in your area and ask about what they do for lighting.

Mar 1, 09 12:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: