Archinect
anchor

post-war victims rehabilitation centre

archinad

hello guys..

please have you got any examples of such centers?

It's a center for war victims rehabilitation ; which includes physical rehabilitation, psychological rehabilitation, and children rehabilitation.

I need some explanation about relationships inside the building, in addition to the functions program that forms the structure..

or any other good information

thanks in advance

Nov 9, 13 3:26 pm
-------

Interestingly enough, I explored the fill-side of this problem; I designed a PTSD treatment facility for veterans and their care partners as my thesis project.

First, as a suggestion, you may find it helpful to really focus in on a specific condition and its impact on a specific group of people.  If you don’t do this your topic will likely be too broad.

Secondly, I didn’t find an example of such a facility when I researched my project.  My topic consultant, who is very knowledgeable about PTSD, also didn't know of such a facility.  In hindsight, I probably would have looked at drug rehab centers and the like.  In my additional consideration of my project I’ve been researching monasteries, etc., because they create the type of environment that I wish to achieve.

I exhaustively researched PTSD, its treatment, and its ramifications on the family.  I limited my group to veterans and their care partners (who likely would have secondary traumatization), so I researched specific issues that were applicable to that situation and in what ways treatment might be hindered.  I used this information to develop the program.

I found Pamphlet Architecture 23 - Move: Sites of Trauma to be helpful.

Can you provide more information about what you have in mind, as far as context?

Nov 10, 13 7:21 pm  · 
1  · 
jhalakubhriyani

hello, i am currently starting my architecture thesis project. my thoughts are around mental health and architecture. i want to work on trauma and hence, PTSD as the key issue and focus on a particular group of people. military veterns and their families, like you said. could you please share more information? thank you! could really use some help.

Dec 17, 21 10:13 am  · 
 · 
3tk

VA hospitals? Like Naval Hospital in Bethesda MD?  Also keep in mind that a lot of these facilities try to incorporate onsite housing for families to help their vets (see Fisher House Foundation).

Nov 11, 13 11:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: