Archinect
anchor

Organizing Project Information

Mystykaljello

How does your office organize its project information? We are looking at ways to reorganize ours. I am interested in the organization at all firms, however, we are a small 5 person firm with one head principal. We mostly work on our own projects.

Thanks!

Feb 18, 09 2:46 pm
el jeffe

exactly what project information are you referring to?

Feb 18, 09 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
Mystykaljello

Anything related to the project that would most likely be archived: drawings, design iterations, specs, contracts, client contact information, etc.

Feb 18, 09 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

small office - i have a preset folder template structure for each project and i mimic it with hard copy folders (as needed) for printed material.

the folder structure is essentially by phase, with sub folders according to tasks within each phase and then further subdivided into who generated it.

i'm rigorous about naming every file with job #, date and a coding system that quickly tells me who wrote it, who (if any) it was for, and the type of document. that code always appears in the document footer. that file naming system allows me to easily move between hard copy/computer files as needed to find relevant files.

i've started a database of contact/project info using open office base...still a work in progress.

Feb 18, 09 4:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: