l0sts0ul

coolness!

Feb 12, 09 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I already have a font, and her name is Helvetica

Feb 12, 09 9:51 pm  · 
 · 

do you realize that to type designers, this is the equivalent to draw-your-own-floor-plan type software?

Feb 12, 09 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Touche', Rationalist.

Over on the discussion boards at www.graphinect.com, flames are being hurled at that DIY program....

Feb 12, 09 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
l0sts0ul

you guys are hardcore, lighten up. geez

Feb 13, 09 12:54 am  · 
 · 
l0sts0ul

you guys are hardcore, lighten up. geez

Feb 13, 09 12:54 am  · 
 · 
e

yes we are. if one hopes for people to respect and value your creative and professional efforts, you should do the same to others.

Feb 13, 09 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

entropy the division of 'professional' labor is the enemy to us all

that we would deny anybody to do a myriad of tasks does a disservice.

i understand you are self interested in having a service job, but realize this service is not, can not, and will not remain exclusive to you and a specialized class, as knowledge spreads and tools of self empowerment are employed, so progresses human freedom and the potential within us all to create anew and source from all that has come before.

Feb 13, 09 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

my first go at it, anybody else wanna share?

Feb 13, 09 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i disagree, my handwriting is mine, i own it. now, no one could develop a font that could mimic my hand writing, and i would not want a "font" of my handwriting. to me this is tantamount to painting a Pollock with photoshop, not designing architecture.

Feb 13, 09 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
e

not saying it is anti. i understand that i do not control such things. we all have the ability to play graphic designer, typographer and architect. just making the point that if you want respect in what you do, you need to give it to others. if you have no problem with the draw your own plan apps, it's cool. if you do, well then...

i make the point because there is a lot of ranting on this forum about giving this profession respect [others using the title of architect, hiring a contractor to do an architects work, people not truly valuing what architects do, not getting paid what you should, celebrities playing architectural designers, etc] which i can understand and respect. if you are not one of them, no worries. if you are, well then...

Feb 13, 09 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

the more help from others and tips we get the better we are at the process

i am def. not a fan of those do it for you type programs, i like to get my hands dirty and have the most control of the design & form i can, but i do recognize these tools/methods for their uses in required/legislated situations, be it for safety or interoperability, just always being warry when there becomes too much centralized control leading to the abuse of such power.

so what does your font look like?

Feb 13, 09 3:12 pm  · 
 · 

i fully respect people who can develop actual usable and aesthetically pleasing fonts.

this change-your-writing-to-font gimmick, though, i don't see as a problem. it's goofy fun to use and it's certainly not going to replace my use of the professionally developed fonts.

Feb 13, 09 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
l0sts0ul

e... you bringing this to a whole different level. it was a simple and fun link to kill some disposable time. How you got to contractors and others are taking over our jobs with Home Depot DIY floor plan programs is beyond me. I dont see the connection. I did my own font and it is pretty cool. Not that I replaced my other fonts for it, but it was pleasing to play with when goofing around in word.

Feb 15, 09 10:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: