Archinect
anchor

Freelance Rate in Boston

living a life in america

I know there is a similar topic about freelance rates in LA. What is a fair freelance rate in the Boston area for design, CAD drafting and permitting services? Also, would you like to share any experiences and struggles with freelancing? Many thanks!

Jan 30, 09 11:36 am
Dr. Johnny Fever

When I was young lad at Wentworth (1994) and taking Office Practice: Billable rate should be 2.5Xhourly.

We I started working freelance (1999) I was $35/hr as a consultant. I got my number by calling CFA and asking what they would charge me for a person of my experience. I told them I was budgeting for a project.

As I started getting projects of my own, I went to $60. I am a member of the NRA ( not registered architects). The types of projects are residential and small commercial, within the confines of the code (less than 35,000 cubic) I would produce a permit set of drawings with a fixed fee based at $60 and $125 for my structural engineer)

If your are RA, then I would think $100hr, but you had better be fast at CAD. Otherwise you may blow the bid. Discrepancy becomes clutch. ( I am into recycling, so I have started using terms from the early 80's)

Hope this helps

Feb 2, 09 9:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: