Archinect
anchor

The World's First Zero Carbon City is located in...

blah

The World's First Zero Carbon City is located in...

Masdar City, Abu Dhabi

http://www.masdar.ae/home/index.aspx

Jan 13, 09 1:44 pm
citizen

Interesting plan, but not yet a city.

Jan 13, 09 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

if you believe that then I have some ocean front property in arizona to sell you

Jan 13, 09 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

...your imagination. There is no such thing.

Jan 14, 09 9:45 am  · 
 · 
aspect

Zero carbon will be an architectural witchhunt for the 21st century...

which one is more green-

-a bus which carry 200ppl to work with carbon release

-or 200 less carbon release car moving on the street?

the same apply to architecture which labels zero carbon but ignore its social implications...

Jan 14, 09 11:48 am  · 
 · 
Moody

gud point aspect

Jan 15, 09 1:34 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams
the same apply to architecture which labels zero carbon but ignore its social implications.

people will say just about anything these days to avoid the fact that their behavior must change before they put the entire planet in danger with their irresponsible actions. unfortunately climate change is too slow to smack people upside the head.

Jan 15, 09 8:07 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams
the same apply to architecture which labels zero carbon but ignore its social implications.

people will say just about anything these days to avoid the fact that their behavior must change before they put the entire planet in danger with their irresponsible actions. unfortunately climate change is too slow to smack people upside the head.

Jan 15, 09 8:07 am  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

The problem with Carbon Neutral developments is that they fail to recognise that people aren't willing to play along and are happy to drive down two blocks in their hummer to buy a carton of milk or travel 10 times a year on long distance business/holiday trips. They also fail to look at other things like food miles, what's the point of building a green building in the desert in the middle east and eating genetically modified strawberries flown in from the US?

Jan 15, 09 10:19 am  · 
 · 
aspect

i think i'm too responsible to point out the fraud behind alot of so call green campaingne...

china banned building houses for single family for a large development... why? because is a waste of resources...

when i see US/european tv showing ppl destroying the forest to build wooden frame houses for a single family then claiming to be green because they have some fancy green gadgets like solar panel installed...

my friend talked to the manager of those Zero Carbon projects, however, they try to avoid the fact that their construction programme takes much much more than a standard one... that means more energy wasted on transportation of workers, goods and so on...

Jan 15, 09 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

is it possible that the solution may be to correct the flaws of the process rather than reject the end goal as a whole? it is easy to criticize, much much harder to develop viable alternatives.

Jan 15, 09 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

i never mention to reject... but there were many other ways to save the planet and 100times more effective than Zero Carbon campaign.
but once label Zero Carbon, ppl may not realise building luxury houses for some rich couple in the middle of desert is actually quite damaging to the environment.

Jan 15, 09 10:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: