Archinect
anchor

Can I get references from somebody for Master Degree of Arch in L.A, help!!

shinra

I am from indonesia, and im about to take my Master Degree of architecture, but i prefer Public University Like CSUN etc.. Can anybody give me reference of at least top 10 or 15 architecture University in Los Angeles California.. And my interest is Alogarithm Architecture, please somebody help me, because i want to start it at August, but i still confuse about this matter, thx alot guys...

Jan 9, 09 7:59 am

You mean a suggestion for which colleges to attend.
Not a reference letter right?
Cause generally those are written by people that actually "know" you and your work.

Jan 9, 09 9:45 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i suggest you search the NAAB (National Architectural Accrediting Board) site for programs.

Jan 9, 09 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

SCiarc deadling is coming up pretty quick !

Jan 9, 09 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
shinra

yes, i confuse about which university i will attend. I want to apply for ausgust, but im afraid i will be a little too late, cause people said that we must apply one year before D-day. So the think is, i want to make a good and quick decision about which university i want to apply..please help me guys.

Jan 9, 09 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
shinra

for ff33 , you mean im too late already?? =(

Jan 9, 09 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

its not hard to look at school websites to figure this stuff out. and while you're not too late at this moment, 6 days isn't a whole lot of time to get an application together, especially if you don't even know what school you want to go to.

http://www.sciarc.edu/portal/admissions/dates_and_deadlines/index.html

Jan 9, 09 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

philtecturerophy ,
as you probably have gathered, Archinect has plenty of resources for finding information about Graduate Schools. That is why most people will spend days, weeks, years of their lives searching threads and edicating themselves on what is available. You seem like you are not ready to apply to MArch programs yet, especially if you are not aware of which schools to apply to or when their deadlines are.

I mean..chances are you will have to wait a year to apply. Most schools...are due in a few days.

I guess if you are only thinkign of LA..then look at the websites for
UCLA, USC, SCiArc, New School, LAIAD, maybe even Santa Monica College to get situated with your delimna.

Jan 10, 09 12:21 am  · 
 · 
shinra

what i really want to know is, is there any State University for Architecture Master Degree (Graduate) in Los Angeles area?
it would be best if anyone can provide me some links for the informations, or university websites.

and you mean it's already too late for most students to apply for August 2009 term?

Jan 11, 09 6:29 am  · 
 · 
grid

ucla

Jan 11, 09 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

did you even look at the NAAB link i provided for you?

don't be so lazy and expect people to spoon-feed you info. it doesn't bode well for someone thinking of pursuing a graduate degree.

Jan 11, 09 3:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: