Archinect
anchor

UBC

Louiise

Am I not allowed to take the Bachelor of Environmental Design at UBC right after high school? Because it saids, "This option is not open to students in your year level"

Dec 14, 08 10:07 pm
n_

Call the school to verify.

It's more reliable to hear from the school then from an online forum.

Dec 14, 08 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
blackcomb1

I recall in my time at UBC many Bachelor programs required that students take a first year of something ie arts/ science etc not sure if that still the case but It was pretty common back then. I know many programs have evolved since then but what often happened is that they still chose more mature students. ie Landscape architecture could be entered directly after high school but I think I only ever met one person in my time there and I always thought they were somewhat immature for most of the program material.

Dec 15, 08 12:51 am  · 
 · 

i don't know about UBC but at u manitoba you can't apply to undergrad archi-school until you have completed a year of university. this is very good way to ensure you are not going to be shocked by the workload (which is much more than in arts or sciences), to get electives out of the way, and also to grow up a bit. it doesn't mean you can't go to archi-school, only that things will be uncertain for another year, which admittedly sucks...but i do recommend it anyway.

do check directly with school. best way of all.

Dec 15, 08 1:02 am  · 
 · 
anvi

I'm from UBC: you need to finish first year arts before you apply to the environmental design program.

Dec 15, 08 11:15 am  · 
 · 
whistler

I think its a good plan I know I certainly found that first year an eye opener in both good and bad ways ( who knew I could drink like a fish ) it gives you some time to organize your life and and get really focused I've rarely met anybody that prepared for University, most students need a year of adjustment.

Dec 15, 08 12:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: