Archinect
anchor

Blue Logo diagram/classification by OMA

contemax

lately I saw a diagram done by OMA or AMO about logos, they did a classification of blue colored logos. does anyone know where can I find this diagram online, the only thing I remember is that it was shown on several design blog... talking about a new book for graphics, or logodesign... not a lot of info I guess but since I'm googling now for hours and can't find any trace I'm desperately asking for some help of you guys

Dec 13, 08 2:52 pm

'The Battle for Blue'

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philgyford/56867986/

Dec 14, 08 11:51 am  · 
 · 
contemax

thanx a lot 765

Dec 14, 08 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

seriously, who has time to make all these fancy diagrams?!?

Dec 14, 08 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

seriously, who has time to make all these fancy diagrams?!?

Dec 14, 08 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
kungapa

Low-paid interns.

Dec 14, 08 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

moral of the story - make your logo lurid magenta, or sickly yellow-green, if you want to stand out.

Dec 14, 08 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
blah

This is interesting?

Dec 15, 08 10:23 am  · 
 · 
MADianito

c'mon, low paid?? this is OMA/AMO, its more like

non-paid interns

Dec 15, 08 11:24 am  · 
 · 
jackhogan

Someone who hasn't made over 4000 comments on Archinect..

Dec 16, 08 4:33 am  · 
 · 
alucidwake

lol

i like the diagram

Dec 16, 08 5:05 am  · 
 · 
aspect

great survey!

the closer to blue ones are all filing bankruptcy...AIG, GM,citigroup, Merrylynch...

while the red logos are all in great shape... shell, waltdisney...

Dec 16, 08 7:03 am  · 
 · 
MADianito
ASPECT

thats actually an interesting "aspect" of that graph now.... this is quite old (the graph) maybe from before the whole European union/flag analysis.... it was also published in CONTENT and before that in the WIRED magazine guest-edited by Koolhaas.... yes its an old graph but interesting to see which tones of blue are now bankrupt

Dec 16, 08 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
contemax

MADianito ...hmm are you sure? can't find anything in AMO's CONTENT anyway.. this diagram is done by 2x4 - I know these guys are doing most of the graphics for rem but there is also a quite similar diagram - same topic - done by AMO/OMA out there... in a pretty new pubblication...

Dec 16, 08 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

NOT 100 sure is in content buuuuut pretty sure is in that wired mag... and the wired is before content...couple o months... anyway, good night

Dec 17, 08 7:07 am  · 
 · 
contemax

not bad... something about corporate design and colors in general - hochschule für gestaltung gmünd

http://corporate-design-reihe.de/download.htm

Dec 17, 08 8:10 am  · 
 · 
contemax

its kind of the same diagram inside... red vs. blue

http://corporate-design-reihe.de/cd-farbe.pdf

Dec 17, 08 8:12 am  · 
 · 
juanmoore

I am also looking for such kind of diagram as I am making a custom logo design project for my client and diagram would help me a lot for getting this done. 

Nov 11, 13 5:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: