Archinect
anchor

Has Corruption in Chicago or Illinois cost you or your firm money? time? your sanity?

blah

Sounds good!

Feb 2, 09 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
blah

This from this morning's NY Times:

My own career flourished more anonymously for several years. On my $28,000 salary, I briefly grew as rich as a Madoff disciple, cavorted with gorgeous women in my Lake Shore Drive penthouse and enjoyed the company of mobsters on all-expense-paid visits to foreign resorts. The less savory side of all this was the retribution — often bloody, sometimes lethal — visited on operatives and finks less lucky than I.

you could count on me to, say, simply erase the taxes on your property, even going back several years. Another service I rendered to the banking community was to dump million-dollar chunks of county money in “operating accounts” — the kind that paid no interest. In an era of stagflation, when interest rates were well into double digits, every million-dollar account I opened amounted to tens of thousands in annual profits for the lucky banker. As an expression of abiding gratitude, these bankers gave me cash donations for Rosewell, and basically carte blanche to write myself the interest-free loans that eventually led to my downfall.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/20/opinion/20goehl.html

Apr 20, 09 1:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: