Archinect
anchor

Bar/Club Design

peterb

My firm is beginning design for a new jazz club that's a rehab of an existing 2-story brick 100+ yr old bldg. Any suggestions for books, projects, etc. you'd recommend that deal w/ performance space and/or bar & club design?
A couple of the issues we'll be tackling are acoustic design, multi-story circulation (between main performance/bar floor, 2nd floor lounge, & a roof-top patio/outdoor performance space.)
Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks.

Oct 4, 04 10:06 am
archiphreak

can't think of anything off the top of my head...what i would suggest is go out to some successful clubs/bars and see what has been done, or what is being done...sometimes the greatest resource is what is right around the corner. besides it'll be a lot of fun in the process

Oct 4, 04 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
ge-ril-a

bar and club design by beth ryder?

overview since the 90's with some nice projects

Oct 4, 04 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
archiphreak

Hospitality Design mag.
found it yesturday...not a bad resource
www.hdmag.com

Oct 5, 04 9:17 am  · 
 · 
kyll

what city is very important too..

if in nyc, then this question could be easily answered by going to web pages of lounge/bar/clubs- just punch in 'nyc lounge club bar' in any search engine and voila'. some even give the architects or interior designer

i'll assume the same for most cities..

examples:
http://www.choslade.com/

Oct 5, 04 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
HeiberKalmar

have to second kyll on emphasizing the importance of the club's location, see the work of bernard khoury for good examples of how a strong understanding of cultural context can transcend the rather fleeting notions of fashion usually associated with a club and begin to rub elbows with the monumental (see BO18 in beirut for example)

Oct 5, 04 5:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: