Archinect
anchor

C-Lab

||||

recently offered a 6 month NON PAYING position at C-Lab. anyone have experience working   at C-Lab? working with Inaba? thoughts?

May 31, 11 8:32 pm
AP

non paying is a bit of a bummer.  they do VERY interesting work, and it would probably be a great learning experience, but i'm sure you would be contributing enough to warrant minimum wage.  maybe i'm wrong...maybe you it would be all learning and that your contribution would "weigh" less than the training you would be receiving.  either way, if you don't take it someone else surely will...

i interviewed C-Lab for an Archinect feature a few years ago.  as i said, the work they do is super interesting... it would of course be a great group to be involved with in that regard...

May 31, 11 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
AP

link to the feature mentioned above...

(feature was posted back in v2.0, so please pardon the formatting issues)

May 31, 11 9:31 pm  · 
 · 

I applied for a paying job a long time ago but never heard back.

Sometime last year, I did go to one of C-Lab's events, talked to a few foreigners and had a chat with Mr. Inaba— he's very nice and it seems that he puts a bit of thought into what he does.

I also drank an unfair share of his free beer and then vomited somewhere in SoHo after downing a cup of Starbucks coffee mixed with an unhealthy amount of whiskey.

Jun 1, 11 12:05 am  · 
 · 

P.S. They all surf Archinect there. I know this because It was on many of their computer screens.

Jun 1, 11 12:07 am  · 
 · 
Kamu Kakizaki

Same! Was offered unpaid summer internship at this really cool place, ehem 'company', that is doing speculative projects with not particular client. Probably a book that ties into their academic research, ehem ivy. So technically not illegal. But lame that architecture is eating it's young to survive.

Jun 3, 11 1:55 am  · 
 · 
howareyou

Hey III and Kamueku, I am going to have an interview with them in the next week. Hows the internship go? I am a fresh graduate and applying grad schools this year. What did you learn from them and do you think I will have a better opportunity to be accepted in their M.Arch programs if do  this internship?  Did you get anything done there and you wanna put in your portfolio? 

Nov 10, 11 3:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: