Archinect
anchor

Resource Resource

farwest1

I find that one of the hardest things to do when making modern buildings is to find resources for materials online.

For instance, search for "modern windows" or "modern doorhandles" or "modern mailboxes" or "modern anything" and what you come up with is a bunch of neo-traditional crap. I find myself scouring the back pages of Dwell and other magazines to find items, but this is very hit or miss.

Is there a single site that has a lot of resources for people working on contemporary architecture?

Oct 30, 08 8:10 pm
Archinect

Check out DesignerPages

Oct 30, 08 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
twee

not that i have found...but what i did a while ago, was to start my own library of tears from magazines and group them according to their proper categories--ie-windows, doors or kitchens, bath, etc--it takes a little bit to get into the habit but my resource lists are invaluable to me now-i dont have to search and search

maybe check the websites for arch magazines to see if there is a resource section--they might have it broken down into categories

Oct 30, 08 8:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: