Archinect
anchor

jersey/new york.......anyone?

binary

might have a job in northvale, new jersey and have been looking for a place to rent/stay. some tell me to get a spot in nyc and commute from there. i'm not sure if i can take a subway to where i need to go.

heres a link to the area
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=northvale+nj&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

some folks told me to avoid the bridges during rush hour also. i will have my truck so i can either commute or take the subway. subway would be interesting.

would be nice to be able to find an area that i can walk around and eat/etc. sort of people friendly with things to do/etc. since i wont know anyone if this happens, i dont want to be stuck in my place all day/night.

any suggestions would be nice. i would be down to roommate with someone too.

b

Oct 29, 08 7:17 pm
allSTAR

why would you want to live in NYC if ur working in NJ? you should find a place in Pavonia/Newport, NJ. its very conveniently located across from downtown manhattan. well connected by the PATH to manhattan and other places in Jersey AND its much reasonable.

Oct 29, 08 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

cryz, go there and see the place, you are not near elizabeth, jersey city or even NYC, living in nyc won't help you at all.

Oct 29, 08 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
vindingo

Living in NYC is a bad idea if you want to work all the way up there. That is kind of far from the city and I dont know if they even have public transport directly to and from the city.

also, good luck parking a truck in NYC and trying to drive it to work every morning.

look into White Plains for living arrangements. Its a small city, but much closer and probably way cheaper

Oct 30, 08 2:02 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

hudson river valley is a very pretty place...but for most intents & purposes you'd probably be closer to the power center of nyc by living in la or london

Oct 30, 08 9:00 am  · 
 · 
binary

thanks...

after my phone interview the people were telling me to look into newyork state for decent prices.....

and the saga continues

Oct 30, 08 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

dude - if northvale is the location of your job, you'd be crazy to live in NYC.

go to nyack. just north of northvale, and it's a cool little community. shops, eateries, movie theaters, etc...also farmer's markets, etc.

if i had to move to the tri-state area, nyack would be on the list of possibilities.

either way, you're still either a short drive or walk/bike-ride to a train or bus stop with routes to and from the city.

good luck.

Oct 30, 08 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
binary

cool....

i was looking on craigslist so far. i managed to find a few places so we'll see. i'm flying into jersey on wednesday for a final interview and figure i have a week after that to find a place and drive out.

b

Nov 3, 08 2:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: