Archinect
anchor

How to Design Like an Architect

Jordan Lloyd

For anyone who is stuck for inspiration, I find that making a vague reference to a person's ethnic background works wonders.

Oct 29, 08 6:35 pm

uhmm I worked for an employer like that once. I found her work prosaic and lacking the ethos of the client, in favour of what she thought they wanted.

Nice video though

Oct 29, 08 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

"it's in the doing that the idea comes" --that's actually a well-expressed sentiment. i think i may whip that one out on my students some day.

Oct 29, 08 10:49 pm  · 
 · 

hmmmm... perhaps, another budget and permit crises in the making, due to foundation issues.;.) bad... kelly is fuck'd after the soils report...

Oct 29, 08 11:05 pm  · 
 · 

it will be alright because by the time the outline review comes back from planning the house will be sited 100' from the cliff on the neighbours lot

more information kiddies

Oct 29, 08 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
madivan

"maybe I'll pick you..." what a joke

Oct 30, 08 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

yeah, pilotis won't work. who is this clown?

and what about the neighborhood stringline setback?

doooomed!

Oct 30, 08 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
Jordan Lloyd

Someone should totally ask him to design their dream home, then crit the design.

Oct 30, 08 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

wow, architecture's easy!

Oct 30, 08 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i see an affair...

Oct 30, 08 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
kanu

with kelly?

Oct 30, 08 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I was at a lecture last night by Mathias Schuler (Transsolar) who described how Gehry was incorporating ideas of sustainability into (some) of his work (this question was asked by an audience member).

Schuler went on to say that when he approached Gehry after doing a computer sim that told them to place some shade and ventilation at a certain location on site (this is for the Guggenheim in UAE), Gehry grabbed a piece of thick paper, folded it into a cone, glued it on the model and that was that. Pretty funny stuff, I think.

Oct 30, 08 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

A freaking TP on the top because she has indian heritage..... oh you insensitive bastard.

Oct 30, 08 3:18 pm  · 
 · 

I wonder if his marketing idea will work.
I'm thinking alternatively of a reverse-psychology version, with dark, brooding techno soundtrack and images designed to scare people... maybe a home on the theme of 'life is meaningless'. Referencing Eisenman, of course, rather than Corbusier.

Oct 31, 08 2:42 pm  · 
 · 

P.S. I've always fancied designing something that did to architecture what Francis Bacon did for painting... less commodity, firmness and delight that a gleefully hellish brute of effrontery, precariousness and horror ;-)

Oct 31, 08 2:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: