Archinect
anchor

M.Arch for an International Student - Financial assistance

My name is Sagar Chitrakar, and I’m a graduate of Architecture from Institute of Engineering at Tribhuwan University in Kathmandu, Nepal and I was accepted into the Columbia, Washington-St.Louis and Michigan Taubman for Masters in Architecture program in the Fall of 2013.

Columbia says that the program does not offer a need-based financial scholarships to international students and is only limited to US Citizens and Permanent Residents and I was not offered any financial assistance and so was the case for Michigan. But on the other hand University of Washington provided a generous amount of scholarship, 50% of the tuition fee (USD$22,000). As amazing as it sounds, I had to pay rest of the money and then add up bills for logistics which went around USD 100,000. ( 22,000 x 3 years = 66,000 + logistics)

Never having applied to any US education institution before, I was not aware about my next steps as an accepted student without any financial aid provided to me and here I am with the same question. 

Please do give me an insight on what my next step should be. 

Sep 17, 13 11:30 am
accesskb

yikes! $USD 100,000 is a heck lot of money in Nepal.. Gotta ask yourself if its worth it in the end if you just plan on having a career in Nepal.

Sep 17, 13 2:44 pm  · 
 · 

USD 100,000 is a heck lot of money not just for Nepalese. 

Sep 17, 13 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
kadam-patil

hey accesskb what about other institutes like upenn , gtech ,utaustin.  are international students eligible for need based scholarship?

also wanted to know how is WashingtonU st Louis.is it more of a artsy  school or a para metrics driven school?

Sep 18, 13 12:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: