Archinect
anchor

facebook for architects

marcR

Does anyone know a social net specialized in Architecture ?
Kind of Face book for architects ....
let me know

Thanks.

Oct 27, 08 7:31 am

right here!

Oct 27, 08 8:55 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Um, yeah - what Steven said.

Linked-In has a group for registered architects, which I belong to but have never looked at. And there is a Facebook Archinect page, I think? And a Flickr Archinect page too.

Oct 27, 08 9:38 am  · 
 · 
med.

What's wrong with Archinect?

Oct 27, 08 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i'm tired of all the 'cool' member sites/etc

myspace
facebook
linked in
tagged
etc

i just need a pen pal....anyone???????????

Oct 27, 08 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

I have a friend who uses Art Bistro

Oct 27, 08 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
AAKWEKS

TKE? what up stix!

Oct 27, 08 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

I thought linkdin was for all professionals and therefore would have a greater appeal since collaborations between people within different fields is becoming more popular.

This site needs a bit more work, but it's getting there.

Oct 27, 08 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

Actually it would be nice if there was a site geared towards getting registered architects and students and assistants to mingle. A better user page would help.

Oct 27, 08 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

Sick kid! - whats the deal? - didnt know you lurked around these parts!

Ha

Bin shindy!

Oct 27, 08 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

"This site needs a bit more work, but it's getting there."

OUCH!

Oct 27, 08 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

Well it has basic the functions there but needs a bit more visual appeal and structural layout. I'm not saying it's bad but it needs to keep up with all the other design sites and loose the red, brown, beige look. by keeping up i'm not suggesting they make it more complicated by taking a note out of those obscene Flash websites posted on another thread. Just a refresh, that's all.

Oct 27, 08 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Oh god no - Kardio, practically every other website looks hideous to me. "Angry salad", remember that term? The "green" ones are the worst, with all those shades of green to show their credibility.

Archinect is NOT boring, it's restrained - which is, let's face it, the most difficult kind of design to pull off well. Please, Archinect, keep it clean!

Oct 27, 08 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
binary

c:\format

Oct 27, 08 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

Liberty, that's exactly what I DON'T want them to do. I'm more about simple black and white with colour only if it has a purpose.

Oct 27, 08 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

Kardio, Isnt that exactly what archinect is?

WORK SAFE TOO!!!

Oct 27, 08 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

It's not refined enough. As i said before the social aspect isn't quite there yet. yes i can have group discussions but i don't really know a lot about the site members (the stats page is a bit of a joke in that regard). I'd like to see the site serve a greater purpose in connecting students with professionals in the job market.

Oct 28, 08 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
binary

go to the bar

Oct 28, 08 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

archinect is analogous to the island of misfit toys...

the profession is the snowman with a tootache...

Oct 28, 08 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

It would be nice for it to have a section devoted to connecting people in locales. For instance, in IDP you need a mentor. I would have to use my boss, who is also my supervisor or whatever he's called if a cool guy that worked here hadn't said OK. It's nice to have a mentor who isn't in the same office. But, I guess thats what AIA is for.

And I also like the visual format of the 'nect. Its so much better than the Mustang Forums Husband is a member of.

Oct 28, 08 3:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: