Archinect
anchor

koolhaas houselife

mdler
http://www.koolhaashouselife.com/

anyone see this film yet???

Oct 20, 08 8:32 pm

i've only seen the trailer a few times

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7fLVMyGBFSU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7fLVMyGBFSU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oct 20, 08 8:56 pm  · 
 · 

I guess the embed didn't work

try this no.1 & no.2

Oct 20, 08 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

yeah, i've seen it. slow moving, but really great. you're a bit of a cynic mdler, so you'd appreciate it. It's kind of like Tati's Mon Oncle but for serious. The cleaner trying to get the vacuum cleaner up the stairs, and the guys doing the leak-testing are downright hilarious.

Oct 20, 08 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

and I thought my clients were absurdly wealthy...

Oct 20, 08 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

it's a pretty amazing house.

Oct 21, 08 1:17 am  · 
 · 

wow those Tati films are cool - a french Monty Python in cool architecture

Oct 21, 08 1:33 am  · 
 · 
Joe Soda

I think one of the Tati movies is being shown on a monitor in the trailer.

Oct 21, 08 7:33 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

That trailer #1 made me laugh. The music and pacing are perfect.

I'd be interested to see the Herzog and deMueron grape harvest one, too.

Oct 21, 08 10:00 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

wtf is the ideology of cleaning? hiring an immigrant lady to clean it? perhaps if the cleaner was a philosophy professor who is now a cleaning woman? now tht would mean something. otherwise, you just have a woman cleaning some rich fuckers house. granted its a koolhass house rather than just some run of the mill luxury crib and its got a hydraulic fancy floor in it. woohoo and it makes for a funny tatiesque scene juxtaposed with a bit of waltz music. time to clean the catbox.

Oct 21, 08 11:21 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

my thoughts exactly vado

Oct 21, 08 11:40 am  · 
 · 

fair point but surely there are interesting things to be considered about cleaning besides the socio-economic affront involved when somebody else is hired to clean your living space?
Anyway, I'll never be a cleaning lady but as things are going, it's conceivable I could end up as a 'cleaning operative'...

Oct 22, 08 10:42 am  · 
 · 
mdler

vado

I heard a few years back that universities are starting programs in house cleaning / personal assistant type stuff for rich fucks

Oct 22, 08 10:47 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

hang the rich...

Oct 22, 08 12:06 pm  · 
 · 

I just spent an entire week's unemployment benefit on that darn Koolhaas video. Call me committed or just commit me ;-p

Oct 22, 08 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you look like a star but you're still on the dole.

Oct 22, 08 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I didn't know there was an architect equivalent of "hood rich" solidred, but thanks for informing me!

Oct 22, 08 7:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: