anchor

American Cold War culture

Atom
LITS4FormZ
Innocence lost
Sep 9, 13 7:48 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

oh. my. god. that is awesome.  i want it.  it's like, you can have a weekend home right in your house.  the underground bunker looks like it's more inviting and a more comfortable place to live than the real house.

Sep 9, 13 9:17 am  · 
 · 

Is that Barbie's kitchen?

You would think that the one place safe from nuclear attack (by an enemy, at least) would be Vegas.

Sep 9, 13 9:53 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Pretty cool.  With Nellis and Creech Air Force Bases sitting on the perimeter, and the DOE's atomic testing device assembly building at the north end of town... I would figure that there was a pretty big target on Las Vegas.  Hoover dam was almost certainly also on the list.

Las Vegas was (and still is somewhat) a company town for the folks from EG&G and Bechtel that were working on nuclear weapons development and testing.  I would be kinda surprised if there weren't more of these.

Sep 9, 13 10:33 am  · 
 · 

Why no more concern for fukushimas??

Fukushima:  now the tough part

and

Risky repair of Fukushima could spill 15 000 times the radiation of Hiroshima

It's been a smoldering mess for years and tepco has done almost nothing except dump water on it ?

Maybe underground house in Vegas is best idea after all :)

Nov 13, 13 11:10 am  · 
 · 
Roshi

I wonder if they thought, "Now we just need to figure out a way to get the nukes droppin'."

Nov 13, 13 11:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: