Archinect
anchor

'There are good and bad examples of every architectural style.'

'nect editor Bryan Boyer gets hit by BoingBoing. Commentary ensues. Let's mix it up with the civilians, it's a teaching moment!

Oct 12, 08 2:55 pm
vado retro

civilians are not worth the effort. hell, architects aren't worth the effort.

Oct 12, 08 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
You're

worth the effort, vado!

Oct 12, 08 3:40 pm  · 
 · 

and don't forget "the biggest threat to design professionals is folks creating stuff in 2nd life and then thinking it can work in the physical world."

Oct 12, 08 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Eh ---------

http://www.bryanboyer.com/files/gimgs/9_yusun-head-in-clouds.jpg

Swedish cloud -- that's the most strange name for a 3dh

http://www.bryanboyer.com/built/swedish-cloud/

Oct 12, 08 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

I suggest all you american not registrated designers to realise that a thing has it's name and it don't reinvent a thing to find a new name, beside if I find a new name for my computer that don't mean I can take the credit for the computer .

Now even you make a thousand new names for 3dh what's the idea -- none of you claim the credit anyway, no one say "See happy crowd what I share with you" ---- That's what come from replacing architecture etics with howski snovsky.

Oct 12, 08 5:24 pm  · 
 · 

Hallo! Hallo!

Oct 12, 08 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

(2001)

"But Per these designs looks like a first year student project"

Oct 12, 08 5:35 pm  · 
 · 

I wonder if they have ever heard about 3DH over at BoingBoing?

They are starting to talk about innovation and what-people-want, maybe they don't know about the real architectural possibilities yet.

Oct 12, 08 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Could happen it is allready passed on.

Oct 12, 08 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

What I mean , -- after it's advantage were out of the reach as architecture is a social game and no one need new strong houses anyway, it is safer for the future to restrict credits to safe seats and stay with what we know work.

Oct 12, 08 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Just think about what all those with names you can't speak made of all sorts of fancy, all sorts of people who all think they are something , you can emagine what such artists think of themself, just for that reson no reson to give em the credit for something so simple you yourself could find out to make. Beside I don't understand how that work ,how you put that thing together so it don't work, and if I could understand what news would it be ?

Oct 12, 08 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
bryan boyer

Per have in waffle you slab. Cut slots take and together fill them polycarbonate, concrete, wood, plastic, fur handily. In method assembly of snap so nice! And also, Mr. Per, should know I say understand platform global be now credit together way fancy always!!!!

Oct 13, 08 3:32 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

the fact that so many people hate it is a clear sign that it is something of importance

Oct 13, 08 4:05 am  · 
 · 

bryan, you speak perfect per!

Oct 13, 08 4:44 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Architecture never should have been made into a social issue.

Oct 13, 08 6:00 am  · 
 · 
trace™

no?

Oct 13, 08 8:16 am  · 
 · 
grid

Per the thread killer.

Oct 13, 08 1:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: