Archinect
anchor

the trajectory of the abstract animal in thirds

chatter of clouds

from an animal point of view, being that our nourishment is tinned, bagged and sealed by other halogen-lit mammals (who also receive their fodder tinned, bagged and sealed from other animals who also receive...), our history is in figuratively cannibalizing our own kind. sustenance lies in the consumption of our kind’s energy and the old chthonic ‘cycle of life’ (plant to meat to shit to plant) is superseded by a fiery oil-fuelled energy corona of abstracts. the first threshold of the virtual, electromagnetism, is punctuated with the synaptic transmission: object to neuron to reality to result in a mammal, this battery of an animal (and the mammal is a first step towards a completely self-charging biochemical battery) within whose surge of blood unravels the destiny of the world and whose mitochondria throws the balance of galactic energy into disarray.

birth & youth : the first distressed sound it emits sonically baptizes its environment like the ammonic stench of a jungle beast…”big haunched, it loped” (ted hughes): another little baby jesus battery. this is the new upright fleshy coalescence of nature’s dumbness (kinetics) and its intelligence (electromagnetism), this historically unprecedented rupture through which bleeds the abstract into the material, a haemorrhage we term virtuality.

middle age: with this advent and the relentless gush, even flesh loses its swarthy specificity (we will be able to create unanimalled meat soon) and, by extension, so does the meaty human mammal. the value of flesh, arithmetically enumerated in calories and geometrized in ever-integrative amino acid chains, is intrinsically linked to the value of the “dow jones”, the in-between nowhere, the mediating median apportioning degrees of average-ness to the elements, the weather, fodder, warmth… no such beautiful thought has been conceived as that of value= average * number to simplify and flatten the world of materiality and, in turn, populate the world of the abstract.

old age & death: the rupture is nature’s own. what exists, exists as nature. the darwinian dictum “survival of the fittest” might hold some truth; but nature, the amalgamated lumbering beast wearing the compound musky scent of all its animals, vegetables and minerals, the molecule sum-all, is itself not subject to the law of its own making. if human finds itself removed from nature through the abstract, then it is only nature that finds itself removed from itself through the abstract. and when the gash widens, nature will find itself flooded by the physical consequence of its own mediation to itself, a collapse of the eco-nomy … the largest house of them all. (oikonomia etymology: household – principle).

Oct 12, 08 11:30 am
vado retro

Crow's Fall

When Crow was white he decided the sun was too white.
He decided it glared much too whitely.
He decided to attack it and defeat it.

He got his strength flush and in full glitter.
He clawed and fluffed his rage up.
He aimed his beak direct at the sun's centre.

He laughed himself to the centre of himself

And attacked.

At his battle cry trees grew suddenly old,
Shadows flattened.

But the sun brightened-
It brightened, and Crow returned charred black.

He opened his mouth but what came out was charred black.

"Up there," he managed,
"Where white is black and black is white, I won."

Oct 12, 08 11:50 am  · 
 · 
"I waited for this one."
Oct 12, 08 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
fays.panda

a new spectre is rising

global depression

Oct 12, 08 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

i think that god wants to eat me

Oct 12, 08 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds
hey vado

farmer, you wouldn't be the first to be eaten by god the father

Oct 13, 08 5:39 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

all this now reminds me of stephen king's the tommyknockers book; soon we might start losing teeth and getting cleverer.

ps how do i resize images please?

Oct 13, 08 5:48 am  · 
 · 
farmer

noctilucent: saturnine bastard, ain he

Oct 13, 08 7:33 am  · 
 · 
omnifrequence

"All the world's a next stage."

Oct 13, 08 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

noctilucent: if the image is wider than 416 pixels you have to resize it by leaving a space and write "width=416" (or less than 416) after .jpg ie

(img)blablabla.jpg width=416(/img) except you use square brackets instead of round

Oct 14, 08 9:08 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

farmer: so do you have god's direct number? i thought he was a hoax.

Nov 7, 08 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

it is better to believe in god than to believe in Don Cupitt. Or is it? You make me doubt myself. Maybe I should take another look at Don Cupitt.

Nov 8, 08 7:14 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Good morning, farmer!

Nov 8, 08 7:53 am  · 
 · 
farmer

Good morning, liberty bell!

Nov 8, 08 8:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: