Archinect
anchor

GLOWING BAR TOP

bentropy

Hi Everyone,

My design team and I are brainstorming a bartop idea for a restaurant. We want it to be a secondary light source and to be a "signature" piece.

We want the material to be as visually organic as possible, but it doesn't have to be literally wood, conceptual is fine.

So, if everyone wants to stop worrying about the economy for a minute, let's find some cool pics!

Thanks all,

bentropy

Oct 6, 08 10:25 pm
strlt_typ
Oct 6, 08 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Oct 6, 08 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

napkin sketch

napkin modeling

Oct 6, 08 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

onyx

Oct 6, 08 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?
Oct 6, 08 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

lasers!!!

Oct 6, 08 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
Atom

are you serious when you say you haven;t heard of the ibar?

i-bar

you should buy me a drink for that link :-]

btw - the really cool stuff gets built in the down cycles because you have the time to think and the builders are hungry too.

Oct 7, 08 1:23 am  · 
 · 
edmund.l.liang

...whatever it be make sure that the top can withstand the force of go go dancers. a lesson your structural engineer can help you with.

Oct 7, 08 2:02 am  · 
 · 
twee

check out sensitile.com

scintilla in particular

Oct 7, 08 3:01 am  · 
 · 
mdler

okay...

I just watched that I-Bar video while listening to the Pixies 'Monkey's Gone to Heaven' in the background...the music and video sync up in a very uncanny way...more so that 'Wizzard of Oz' and 'Dark Side of the Moon'!!!

Check it out

Oct 7, 08 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

im sorry mdler, but when dorothy grabs the handle to enter the emerald city and money immediately starts and the movie goes from b&w to color it really doesn't get any better

Oct 7, 08 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

look for will bruder's mad river boat trips building. the front counter (and the changing rooms) is made of a colored fiberglass which is back lit from behind. the light is very affective, and the texture is very organic, almost kind of wavy up close as though a block of water was somehow magically carved to the desired shape and remained suspended in the space. it also bears an obvious relationship to the construction of the boats they use themselves. it's probably the best thing i can think of, and it's one of those things that is best experienced in person.

Oct 9, 08 7:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: