Interesting Watches (Brands...)

THE SUPERMARKET

swatch sucks!!

- from one supermarket employee to another

Dec 13, 04 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
Tim DeCoster

"supermarket"

who are you? every one of your posts is a supermarket joke?

enough already.... please

Regarding the post, in Europe I bought a polished stainless banded swatch with a black dial and no numbers. It's a perfect modernist watch. I can't seem to find a pic of it online though. Be careful, swatch makes some pretty tacky looking stuff too.

Dec 13, 04 10:10 pm  · 
 · 

google pimp watches , serious . they are really bad ass nevermind i did it for you

http://www.pimp-watches.com/en/

Jan 12, 05 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

my new favorite. thanks kurtneis.

Jan 12, 05 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
Clancy Pearson

My girlfriend brought me back this one from Tokyo for Christmas

and i love it!

Goes well with my index ring that sprays mace!

Jan 14, 05 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
e
marc newson

does some sweet watches.

Jan 14, 05 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

did anyone else get one of those (f)ugly "arkitekt" series watches from fossil? i had a girlfriend give me one. i swear, i avoided her as much as possible just to avoid wearing it. man was that thing nasty. besides, my handy is more useful than any watch around. except maxwell smart's, of course.

Jan 20, 05 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
joed
http://www.coolvintagewatches.com/

there's some really sweet watches on this site, broken down by price range. everybody can wear whatever watches they want, but imho, the simple ones that just tell time clearly are the best. i thought the pimp watches were cool for a little while, but i also thought blobs were cool for a while (ooooh! ... could i single-handedly redirect the trajectory of this thread?)!

Jan 20, 05 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
ross

the new nike presto cee watch is nice.

i think moma is even selling it.

Jan 20, 05 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
RqTecT

Cartier

Jan 22, 05 3:59 pm  · 
 · 

too minimal but well done.

http://www.isseymiyake-watch.com/twelve/index_eg.html

Mar 16, 06 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
Kentique

Junkers is cool...but as a functional watch, I wear Swatch. Its something I can bang around, get paint on, rub the face against concrete without having to worry... Of course I look like some 10-years too late trend teenager...
But then, the things I own and wear does not define me, so I dont really care if this was a swatch or not.

Mar 17, 06 3:38 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

frogpiss ditto that..

I love my swatch irony..goes well for work as well as play.

and my other one i like for formal occassions is my 'Fossil Arkitekt',
simple classy and elegant

Mar 17, 06 3:47 am  · 
 · 
chut

the Vakio by harri koskinen for issey miyake is beautiful

Sep 20, 06 8:40 am  · 
 · 
Schnurrbart

Rado. The black ones without the sparklies.

Sep 20, 06 11:58 am  · 
 · 
ScottMSchultz

my watch, i love it!

Sep 21, 06 1:00 am  · 
 · 
design_junky

still my fav of the crap 'architect' watches

http://www.projects-us.com/html/0_to_the_third_power.html

Sep 21, 06 2:14 am  · 
 · 
remonio

Some of my watches in a winding box. Brands I like are IWC, Audemars Piguet, Vacheron Constantin, Jaeger le Coultre and Breitling.

Sep 21, 06 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
remonio

Two other favorite brands i forgot to mention are - A Lange & Sohne & Franck Muller.
I generally like most of the brands under the Richemont/Vendome group (IWC, JLC, Lange, Panerai etc) over the brands under the Swatch Group (Breguet, Blancpain, Glashutte, Longines, Omega etc.) although the Swatch Group also owns ETA which makes most of the base movements (ebauche) that go into many mechanical watches.

Sep 22, 06 5:14 am  · 
 · 
Sep 22, 06 6:23 am  · 
 · 
tempdrive

xemex

swiss watch, swiss design, very good.

Sep 23, 06 11:35 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Here is my Diesel watch, although mine (thankfully) lacks the weird etching on the faceplate shown in this photo:

I got it as a birthday gift a couple years ago.... Without the etching, it has a nice modernist look to it.

Sep 23, 06 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

I'll stand by Skagen, I don't care what anyone else says. I've had one for a number of years and it's kept perfect time and I've never had a problem with it's durability…

Sep 25, 06 3:00 am  · 
 · 
Katze

Yikes, the last post documented the time as 0:00 – ah non-existence! HA! Freaky!

Sep 25, 06 3:08 am  · 
 · 
Katze

I hear Frank Gehry is making his own line of watches now.

Oct 7, 06 12:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: