Archinect
anchor

Would you have a business phone number with the 666 digits in it?

Rem007

Hi,

Perhaps a really dumb question but I recently got a phone number with the digits 666 in it.  Like who cares..  right?  Well, I've been told I need to change it because it's the devils number.  ... Are people in the US really that superstitious?  

This seem so ridiculous.  This is a joke?  No?

Sep 1, 13 11:13 am
b3tadine[sutures]

In fact, I do have a number with tre sixes, and the calls I get are typically for places of virgin sacrifice, and spaces with zero ac requirements. 

Sep 1, 13 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
threadkilla

hahaha, just throw the "health and safety" licensing bs out the window and specialize in a niche market, like designing stage sets for these guys - problem solved!

Sep 1, 13 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
observant

It's not a dumb question at all.

I was on the phone with the phone company to get a new land line.  They give you a choice of numbers, usually.  I pause as if I'm deciding, when I'm actually seeing if I can make an acronym from them, like "WHATS UP" or something people can remember.  In the course of the conversation, the woman told me that customers are asked if they mind having 666 in their phone number.  It's interesting that a parish I dislike has a phone number that ends in 666.

Sep 1, 13 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
Sacgemini

Out of curiosity, may I ask which Parish?

Feb 25, 22 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

No, you may not.

Feb 26, 22 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

who in hell would like a phone call from the Devil..? O wait...hmmm

I once brought something at a store and the exact change was $6.66. It shocked both me and the cashier then we just laughed about it, but mine was an evil laugh muhahah...

Sep 1, 13 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

I thought only lawyers phone numbers started with 666??

Mar 2, 22 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I live in the Managerial Age, in a world of "Admin." The greatest evil is not now done in those sordid "dens of crime" that Dickens loved to paint. It is not done even in concentration camps and labour camps. In those we see its final result. But it is conceived and ordered (moved, seconded, carried, and minuted) in clean, carpeted, warmed and well-lighted offices, by quiet men with white collars and cut fingernails and smooth-shaven cheeks who do not need to raise their voices. Hence, naturally enough, my symbol for Hell is something like the bureaucracy of a police state or the office of a thoroughly nasty business concern.

[From the Preface]

― C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

Mar 2, 22 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Random (hot) demon worshipping goths calling me all the time, sure sign me up!

Mar 3, 22 12:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: