Archinect
anchor

What is the fastest way to become a licensed architect in EU?

pressburg

I've researching in various ways of becoming a licensed architect in the EU. I have almost all the NCARB exams and hours complete - not sure if that makes any difference though. Some options are doing the RIBA part 1,2 & 3 - but getting reciprocity for part 1 & 2 is uncertain and costly.
Other options were to apply either ETHZ or Politecnico di Milano and do the 2 year masters to essentially be on par with the EU graduates.
I have EU citizenship. Is each country different for the licensing procedures? Is there some website I could look at?
Any tips would be helpful.
Is this crazy or possible?

Sep 30, 08 10:58 pm
blah

become a licensed Architect here and go through the Netherlands.

They have a site in English. Google it!

Oct 1, 08 12:31 am  · 
 · 

you don't have to be licensed in the US first. visit http://www.architectenregister.nl/

your degree will have to be accessed first as it is non-EU.

Oct 1, 08 7:25 am  · 
 · 
pressburg

So is Netherlands the best place for it to get accessed? Could I then have the EU license transferred to another EU country?
I'll check the dutch website. Thanks P2an & make for the feedback...does anybody else have any experience with this?

Oct 1, 08 10:04 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

i am interested in the same and am in the same boat.

Oct 1, 08 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
postal

check out the wonderland start up 3 part magazine thing...

actually compared all the countries and their requirements...

Oct 1, 08 1:30 pm  · 
 · 

btw, the nl system is currently under review and may well soon be changed into a system more inline with US and UK post graduation requirements.

Oct 1, 08 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
pressburg

postal, where do I find this comparison wonderland start up 3 part magazine - what is that and where do I find it?

Oct 1, 08 11:39 pm  · 
 · 

press, this is your lucky day...go to

http://www.wonderland.cx/magazin/WONDERLAND-1-grau.pdf

Oct 4, 08 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
pressburg

that's was i was looking for...thanks p2an.

Oct 4, 08 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
archjr1

how to find out  a licenced architect in latvia

Nov 18, 19 7:38 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^google?

Nov 18, 19 8:50 am  · 
 · 
apscoradiales

It's my understanding that once you are registered in one EU country it's only a question of filling out some paperwork to get registered in another.

Language may be a barrier, for example, if you only speak English, and you want to work in Austria.

There is nothing crazy about the idea, rest assured. I would contact an Architectural association in a country where you think you want to get registered and ask them what the proper way to do it is.

Oct 6, 20 4:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: