Archinect
anchor

hows the economy in phoenix?.... architects staying busy?

binary

just curious.

havent heard anything from the california jobs so i'm looking around now.

i have a few non-arch friends out there so maybe i can crash with them for a bit.

Sep 30, 08 2:24 pm
MArch n' unemployed

cryzko email me i may have an idea in LA for you

Sep 30, 08 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

cryzko- check out the Construction Zone. They're a design-build firm that does some pretty sweet work on their own as well as for other starchitects...

Sep 30, 08 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

phoenix, and all of arizona, was practically ground zero for the sub-prime mortgage mess. I would be very surprised if firms were hiring liberally down there.

BTW, Tuscon is a much better town to live and work in.

Sep 30, 08 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

you know it, commercial development is the fastest in this city of any other consistently as well as some amazing public works projects.

send me your resume i think we are hiring for a few teams, as i just saw a interviewee being taken to lunch today

I just saw a great presentation from Architekton and Smith Group is great too as i see some of their presentations at AIA meetings.

Tuscon is got some good culture but downtown Phoenix is where the action is.

Sep 30, 08 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i heard that the spiders are big down there too.....

anti. email sent

mission is to learn/idp/exams

b

Sep 30, 08 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

i saw two very large black widows in my very urban west hollywood neighborhood. yikes!

Sep 30, 08 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

"Downtown Phoenix"

I never thought i would hear those two words used together in a sentence.

Sep 30, 08 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

over the course of the last 2 years i have seen a total transformation of the city, 6 skyscrapers go up and 4 more in process now.

cryzko, printed.

Sep 30, 08 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

oh not to mention downtown phoenix is the new Tempe, with the infusion of about 3+ schools forming a new ASU campus

Sep 30, 08 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
binary

anti...thanks

we have big rats in detroit... and they will do a drive-by in a shopping cart while throwing old carrots that were found at eastern market....crazy....

Sep 30, 08 5:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: