Archinect
anchor

First-Ever NYC trip!

bowling_ball

Although I've been through NY state before, I've yet to make it to NYC. As it happens, I'm going there with my studio to attend the Net-Zero Energy building conference.

I'm going to be in the city from October 2 to 8. The conference is happening about 10 blocks from the south end of Central Park. Can anybody recommend a DECENT hostel? Or better yet, offer up a couch or some floor space? I'm very clean and quite small. I'm Canadian and very polite! You'd get a public thanks on my archinect school blog, as well as payment in some form of booze and/or dinner. I'm not above paying in sexual favours, either. It's been a while!

Any help (advice or offers) is really very much appreciated ;)

Sep 25, 08 9:29 pm
med.

What a strange conclusion to this ad.....

Sep 26, 08 8:55 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I may have a space available in brooklyn by the time you come down, although you would be sleeping on an air mattress and it would cost you $165 up front, with no sexual favors involved. Commute time to midtown is approx. 30-45 minutes. Only problem is there's someone in the space currently, but he has until midnight on the 31st of this month to move out.

Sep 26, 08 9:05 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski
morgans

was recently spruced up...and their rates are pretty reasonable for the budget minded

Sep 26, 08 11:44 am  · 
 · 
abstraktura

have you tried asking on couchsurfing.com or hospitalityclub.org?

Sep 27, 08 1:35 am  · 
 · 
dedubs

the upper west side ymca is a hostel. it's pretty cheap, i stayed there before and it's not entirely great.. but on a student budget and the fact that i was there only to sleep and shower was the great part.

make sure to go to the storefront for art and architecture opening on the 2nd if you can!!

Sep 27, 08 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Puddles, abstraktura and Danny, thanks for the heads up! It's going to be a long day that day (first flight is at 6am, don't get in until about 6pm) so hopefully I have enough energy to hit up the storefront, which I didn't know was reopening that night. Thanks!

Sep 29, 08 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Puddles, one night stay at Morgans is more expensive than my monthly rent AND parking! Hahaha. Good one.

Sep 29, 08 12:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: