Archinect
anchor

"He, whom all things should serve, serves some one of his own tools"

chatter of clouds

"He, whom all things should serve, serves some one of his own tools" Emerson

How do you like living in a world where the sounds and sights of nature have been substituted, piece by piece, by cultural asphalt; in a world where even your food is largely the product of food scientists practicing carcinogenic alchemy, where the most prized energy sources are no longer the sun and the turf, but the oil in the persian gulf, the natural gases and fossil fuels that might very well contribute to our own extinction, a world where even the remotest landscape must be domesticated and harnessed to a flattening "law of land"...a world where rich variety is increasingly sacrificed for the monotonous convenience of controlled homogeneity? How do you enjoy living in a world where even your thoughts are flattened by your channels of media to form the mental runways for military takeoffs that shall benefit few and murder many? How do you like living in a world where dissent is not even subdued by the agency of a controlling government body but, more ironically, by the cacophony of your own glorified cultural garbage, your britney spears self flagellating tragedies, your simulated whimsical television show shoot downs and deaths, your masturbatory parody of pathos and your total loss of gravitas? how do you enjoy living in this world, totally of your kind's making and, provisionally, its unmaking?

Sep 23, 08 1:37 pm

Not very much???

Sep 23, 08 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'd love to live in that world...but sadly, i'm not optimistic enough to believe that it will happen in my lifetime

Sep 23, 08 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
207moak

Is this a McCain campaign speech?

Sep 23, 08 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio
"When the world is running down....
you make the best of what's still around."

Gordon M.T. Sumner

Sep 23, 08 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
position

At least it's novel - we are in uncharted territory.

Sep 23, 08 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
forget domani
Sep 23, 08 9:34 pm  · 
 · 

I certainly have my uncharted territories!

Sep 23, 08 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams
Whatever holds us down
And if nothing can be done
We'll make the best of what's around

dave matthews

Sep 23, 08 10:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: