Archinect
anchor

Dear Archinect....

I love your site and especially the discussion boards, and I even bought a tee shirt. The discussion boards are why I (and it seems many others) cannot seem to get anything done throughout the day. I apologize if this has been mentioned before or if there was a more direct way of suggesting this, but I thought you guys could all respond as well.

I think that because of all the discussion board clutter and lack of using the search function, would there be a way to allow each user to save specific threads to their profiles to view at a later time? And not just the threads that we left a post in. It would be something like in Itunes when you put a star next to a song so you can find it easier....I think, for me, it would be helpful to refer back to certain threads or read them at a later time. Especially since, at this time in my life, I am applying to m.Arch grad schools and have a lot to take in. This would take a bit of programming, I know, but I thought it would be a pretty cool feature and I know that all of you lurk on these Boards just as much as I do and might agree.....Think about it.....

What do you think?

Sep 10, 08 10:41 pm
vado retro
InDeEd!
Sep 10, 08 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

ssjoe, you could post in a thread you want to return to, making sure the "Notify me when someone replies to this post" box is checked, then just save the email that will (if someone else responds after you) get sent to you - it has a link to the thread in the body of the email.

You could even come up with a snappy term for this action, like if you just post the word "broccoli" in a thread, everyone will know it means you've tagged it for later.

Sep 10, 08 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I think that they were working on all sorts of improved gadgetry like this for the "new Archinect." That was supposed to come out last year :oP

I only tease because I love...

Sep 10, 08 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

maybe there should be a teaser button. i would use it quite often...

Sep 10, 08 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
cayne1

Not again....this same topic has been posted about a million times.
Please use the search function and stop wasting my time and clogging these message boards with questions that have been answered before. I'm sure the answer to your question can be found with a minimum of legwork on your part.

Sep 10, 08 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

as long as we're asking, i'd like to be able to edit my posts, what's up with that, seems like an easy enough feature

Sep 10, 08 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
kanu

why don't you just bookmark the page. the ability to return to a thread at anytime as easy as saving the URL. I'm sure we can come up will a million different ways that you yourself can save the address.

Sep 11, 08 12:39 am  · 
 · 
kanu

the edit function would be nice :)

Sep 11, 08 12:41 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

think before you post - then you don't need to edit.

Sep 11, 08 10:15 am  · 
 · 

broccoli

Sep 11, 08 11:59 am  · 
 · 
kanu

Sometimes people don’t think about the details of sentence structure and proper punctuation as they write. They are focused on a larger concept or piece of information that they want to portray. In much the same way that people don’t draw a perfect image every time they put a pen to paper. Most great things including discourse need an edit function whether its spell check or an eraser it only ends up allowing a higher level of refinement in what were doing here. I think that a lot of people probably already copy and paste into a word editor before they post, at least I try to when I’m going to write something more seriously. That takes a separate app to do what this forum could easily do. People contributing through clumsier software when they use mobile devices, wait until then. It’s fairly easy to record the history of the edits so that posts can be accountable and it will add to the level of intelligent conversation here.

Unless you do prefer to view at bad Gramar, mispeling and puntuation in peopls posts?

Sep 11, 08 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
joearch8

Cayne, what are you talking about? When has this question been asked before? Don't read the damn thread if you don't want. It was a valid suggestion.

BTW, arguing on the internet is like racing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Sep 11, 08 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Thank you, architphil ;-)

Sep 11, 08 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

edit function would not be nice.

carrots

Sep 11, 08 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
Cacaphonous Approval Bot

(i think canye's kidding)

Sep 11, 08 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
cayne1

Cayne was kidding.
I can be overly sarcastic - which doesn't really translate very well without hearing the inflection in one's voice.

BTW - Making fun of mentally retarded people isn't very funny, it's just mean.

Sep 12, 08 9:41 am  · 
 · 
joearch8

True, misunderstood

Sep 12, 08 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

my favourites has a folder called "archinect_bookmark"

Sep 12, 08 11:22 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

i wish there was a political thread blocker

Sep 12, 08 11:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: