Archinect
anchor

I'm so flat out I can't think

fuzzy_atelier

do you ever feel so flat out that your brain is dead?

i have been feeling like that for the past weeks

i go to meeting and not long after i switch off

i can't absorb half of the things i come across

i keep trying to remember what to do next... out of the 20 to-do items on my list each day

i get interrupted just when i try to do MY work

i listen to the juniors

i correct their mistakes

they come back with revised drawings

i pick up some more mistakes

i check kits of parts in the drawings to ensure they are tallied with the excel sheets

i revise excel sheets again and again

by the end i miss out stuffs

i forget the client's comments

i forget what i am doing

why i am doing what i am doing

give me a cure please

Sep 10, 08 9:31 am

yep.

i presented a plan to a committe of 25 yesterday - a plan which i had never seen before the meeting. i looked at it on the easel and described to them what i saw. and what i thought was wrong. wheeee!

Sep 10, 08 11:17 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i dont know what being 'so flat out' means... or maybe id commiserate

Sep 10, 08 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

raw food.

Sep 10, 08 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

Organic

Sep 10, 08 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

frosted mini wheats

Sep 10, 08 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

no, cooked, processed sugar, salt and food with genetic modified organisms, herbicides and pesticides are any solution the problem = mainstream consumer cereal for sure

eat something living and it will bring you to life, simple

Sep 10, 08 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™
eat something living and it will bring you to life, simple

i thought you were vegan?

Sep 10, 08 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

try this: Porchetta di testa...

Sep 10, 08 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Steven, I've been giggling (sympathetically) about your story all day!

Sep 10, 08 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

meat is dead. i said eat living, meaning not killed or dead

Sep 10, 08 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

do you eat broccoli?

Sep 10, 08 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

So you go out into the garden and wrap your mouth right around the celery stalk in the ground?

You must get pretty hungry in winter!

Sep 10, 08 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

wait, that's an incomplete sentence...you're so flat out what?

Sep 10, 08 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

meat is no more dead than your vaunted raw-food diet. there are myriad bacteriological processes at work on your average cut of beef.

they work to tenderize the proteins, and ready them for consumption.

if you were to cook it to well-done, then sure, it's as dead as dead gets...

but why not rare or bleu? why not tartare? still living...lots of good enzymes for the digestive tract, power packed with protein and (in moderation) healthy fats...

Sep 10, 08 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Mmm, I had raw bison last weekend, it was deeeeelicious.

Sep 10, 08 8:56 pm  · 
 · 

the caramel ice cream didn't suck either. i don't think it was living.

Sep 10, 08 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

It if was living, it might have been sucking you, instead of the opposite.

Sep 10, 08 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

huh, how does celery suck, fill a whole big gulp with fresh squeezed celery beet carrot juice maybe.

the bacteria used to rot flesh is the way that makes it even safe for human consumption

any external sources of Cholesterol are dangerous. DIY ,make your own ;)

Sep 11, 08 11:51 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

fuzzy, i'm in the same boat. I think it has more to do with office stress than anything else.

Sep 11, 08 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

where as i think diet is everything, even not eating dairy has been said to reduce stress.

Sep 11, 08 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

on a side note, i just got this in email

Raw food purists do not eat meat or fish, even raw preparations such as tartare, carpaccio and sashimi. Though these are indeed raw foods, some feel the parasites carried by raw fish and meat are damaging to the body and counter the health aims of a raw food diet. They also worry that, with regard to fish, ocean contamination known to collect in the fatty deposits of fish is passed on to sushi diners, again working against the purification aims of eating raw.

However new-school raw foodists do make room for a broader range of raw foods including raw or unpasteurized dairy products, raw eggs, raw fish and raw meat, arguing that humans have evolved to eat this array of raw foods going back to the Stone Age and that evolution hasn’t had enough time for us to adapt to a world of processed foods. These eaters claim to get more calcium, protein and vitamin D than plant-only raw foodists, though debate rages over the subject.

Sep 11, 08 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
mr_minnesota

here's a line for ya >>

snort: ..............

Sep 11, 08 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Uhh, i wouldn't be suprised if the stone age ancestors found out that when they cooked raw meat with fire, less of them got sick afterwards.

Sep 11, 08 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

what is the first evidence of man harnessing fire, do you know?

Sep 11, 08 2:05 pm  · 
 · 

do you have to think in your job? most ppl just have to draw (and fast!)

Sep 11, 08 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

visualize

Sep 11, 08 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I just figured this out, and it's golden so I'm going to share it: Do as little as possible at work. Why? No one can blame you for anything because none of it can be traced back to you. It's super relaxing to just hang back. Plus, the less you produce, the less crap you have to revise when someone decides it should look more like a temple or something stupid like that. Evenings are more relaxing when one doesn't bog one's mind down with architectural problems and concerns. Just collect your paycheck and have fun with it!

Sep 11, 08 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

you will not find success or respect that way, me thinks. fun? what is your idea?

Sep 11, 08 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

success at what? Drawing other people's shit-tacular design ideas?

Sep 11, 08 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

shit-tacular!

Sep 11, 08 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

for the team? so you reap greater reward in the end i supose

Sep 11, 08 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Strawberry I think I worked with that guy....It would be rude to tell you his nick name in full......but I will give you the genral idea:

He was Know as Pencil ..... which was followed by richard nixons commonly used first name.

Sep 11, 08 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Mighty, that Porchetta vid started pretty gross, but I can't believe the end product looks that tasty!

Sep 11, 08 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

i would bear to say it is rather sad to have one in this area believe there are no means for furthering a sort of timeless understanding of building and designing, where it's shown satisfaction is gained by torpid gestures; there are transcendent incitements to producing work that may inspire conflict. {strawbeary}

Sep 12, 08 4:03 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: