Archinect
anchor

What do you all like besides architecture?

"The Co-op Guy"

Other passions related/totally random?

Sep 10, 08 3:26 am
e909

noise
beauty (female homo sapiens)
fragging conservatives on the net (but only as a casual amusement)
i don't really like architecture per se, but it is design amongst many types of design.
randomness is overrated :-)

Sep 10, 08 6:17 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

i don't like stone or concrete or glass or light or wood. never was one for stroking dead things. and i guess i never had the mind for how things worked; for me, the techne is opaque, covert, hiddern away from me. even the way my feet tread ground used to feel untested, timid, faint, scary well into my teens. but, the way the mind can put the ghosts back into dead things and the way we hide our basic fears and desires in complex ideas...i can empathize. the whimsy of the architectural mind in associating a figment of imagination, a sensibility, to a dead thing...only to die and leave behind an archeology of signatures: someone was here sometime and did something. the world then redigests its own regurgitation.

Sep 10, 08 8:17 am  · 
 · 

everything is architecture, right?

Sep 10, 08 8:32 am  · 
 · 
trace™

I enjoy all things design - web, graphic, art, interior design, etc., etc.

More inspiring design in other fields than in architecture.

Sep 10, 08 9:06 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Books. Running. Comedy. Butter. Coffee.

Sep 10, 08 9:31 am  · 
 · 
aspect

everything is sex, right?

Sep 10, 08 9:40 am  · 
 · 
cowgill

@aspect - only if you think that freud was right

...anvils, bunkers, wine cellars, hunting, wien, running with bulls, collision sports, kierkegaard, jung, espresso, drafting and the resulting dirty arms, pong, HL2, women with long dark curly hair, all things Rock, biking, bangers and mash, hanging out with gregor, blantons, a new boxx, meeting lebbeus, cigars, guinness, rally car racing, explicit wallpaper, sweat in the eyes, tannic red wines and rare steaks, the drive from chur to vals...

Sep 10, 08 10:27 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

skateboarding, but that requires architecture, thus the best thing to have become

Sep 10, 08 11:23 am  · 
 · 
Jordan Lloyd

Jaegermeister.

Sep 10, 08 11:57 am  · 
 · 
Kirkeron78

Ohh Derek, you really are still alive....

Sep 10, 08 11:59 am  · 
 · 
Kirkeron78

I meant Darren... oops!

Sep 10, 08 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
"The Co-op Guy"

noctilucent has become quite the archinect poet-in-residence.

I like my family, coops, tea, books, dangling my feet off of horsetooth rock, and dabbling my feet in the sweet salty ocean of the pacific, and eating crabcakes by the sea in on the atlantic under shadow of the lighthouse..

Sep 10, 08 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
cowgill

of course i am ~ now let's not derail the thread Kirk...

Sep 10, 08 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
kylemiller

Pacific Northwest Breweries, Breakfast Burritos, Pubs, Thunderstorms, European Soccer, Munich Beer Gardens, Pre-Game National Anthems, New Neighbors, Small Venues, Milwaukee, Simplicity, Palindromes, Pez, Shawn McGurn Quotes, MLB Opening Day, Bonfires, Michigan Stadium, Duffy's Chicago, Hippies, Packers Football, Comedy Clubs, Flip Flops, Aviators, Ninjas, Granola Bars, Musicians, Italian Girls, Macaroni Wedges, Couches, Cabins, Bleacher Seats, Chicago Style Hot Dogs, Key Lime Soda, Tall House Coffee, Back Porches, Front Porches, Mimosas, Hammond's Lake House, Sushi, College Football, March Madness, Sharkey's Hermosa, Josh's Place (E-Z Street), Music Festivals, Wisconsin Cheese, Nicknames, Red Wine, Bloody Marys, Dutch Bicycles, Maps, 1970's Athletic Heather T-Shirts, Taterbombs, College Towns, Crown Royal, Northwoods, Alaska, Vancouver, Fresh Coke with Ice Cubes, Beers in a Gym Bag, Muxtape, South Quad Lunchroom Heroes, Bob Ross Mid-Afternoon, Duke v North Carolina, Trade Deadlines, Guacamole, Radio Flyer Wagons, Astronaut Ice Cream, KCRW, Big East Basketball Tournament

Sep 10, 08 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
zoolander

Heckling stand up comedians.

Sep 10, 08 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i like to mix merlot with scotch...and then drink it all

Sep 10, 08 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
weem_of_crete

Really good whisky, running fast, the outdoors, latinas.

Sep 10, 08 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

eating healthy and exercising, being straight edge

Sep 10, 08 2:24 pm  · 
 · 

because I'm as straight as the line that you snort up your nose!

sorry, I had too. I know others on here would agree it was necessary.

Sep 10, 08 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
Rottnme

The beauty that is the road in front of you uncoiling and revealing itself to you like a snake weaving its way through the jungle. The feeling as you slide off your seat and cling to the side to lean your way through the next curve. Knee close but not touching, rubber biting but not giving way, contours and miles disappearing through a proper setup, the thrust of a rocket at your back controlled by one wrist as you exit. Realizing that right here, right now, there is nothing but the dance, nowhere else you wish to be, no where else you can be....

Then setting up to do it all over again.

Sep 10, 08 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
anything regarding The Lucky Bums
Sep 10, 08 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
med.

Sandwiches.

Sep 10, 08 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
"The Co-op Guy"
Big City Burrito
Sep 10, 08 5:34 pm  · 
 · 

with California Champagne, of course.

Sep 10, 08 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

alc is a trick played on people to make them weak and more easy to control, take it from a belgian. or not.

Sep 10, 08 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

skiing, marathon running, hiking, trail running, college football, fine arts, reading, sex, women, alcohol, cars, camping, the absaroka range, backpacking, renting forest service cabins, bonfires, parties, backcountry skiing, chicago, traveling, food, laying on the beach, buying various gadgets, fixing my car, building furniture, boating, sea kayaking, geology, arizona, eating out, sunsets, movies, health, martinis, ann arbor, etc etc etc.

seriously, there is an entire world out there outside of architecture. some of you probably need to experience more of it

Sep 10, 08 6:46 pm  · 
 · 

naw, come on.

Sep 10, 08 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
designBandit

Figs, music, low height urinals, discounts, bananas, a stella beer in a stella glass, rollery derby, taking pictures of stuff

Sep 10, 08 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Bourbon.

Soul.

And the many subtle pleasant sensations I experience throughout every day.

Sep 10, 08 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

being alive

Sep 10, 08 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

oh, and I second figs

Sep 10, 08 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
joearch8

FURNITURE, coffee, and ultimate frisbee

Sep 10, 08 9:26 pm  · 
 · 

this is like looking at myspace/facebook pages...

Sep 10, 08 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
gonad

drums, music...

eh, I guess I like my wife and son too.

Sep 10, 08 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i like it when my baby puts her donut in my tea!

Sep 10, 08 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
"The Co-op Guy"

haha that is amazing!

i like it when i see babies in strollers and they look over and laugh at me. or maybe they're laughing with me :)

Sep 10, 08 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Sep 11, 08 12:48 am  · 
 · 

yeah...uhmmm I prefer natural ones...and then still not so much. Its a breast feeding thing. Anyway I digresss.

Single Malt Irish Whiskey, Montecristos, scandavian flicks, photography, sculpture, afro-caribbean dance (watching mostly), coffee, coffee, and a little more coffee, red stripe, the rain, well crafted french speed boats, red heads, pedicures, massages, lunch with friends, writing, dogs, women who make me laugh and are smart and not afraid to show it, smiling all the time even now, films stupid ones about clowns, and intelligent ones about forgotten wars and the women he loved, online poker, venture bros (go team venture), californication, music all kinds except country, dancing, acting di fool, going for a swim in the river and the sea in the same day, eating fish or seafood in general, cleaning up the beach, tattoos that took some thought, children playing, text messages to a friend, love, love, love, and pretty much just being irie.

Sep 11, 08 1:30 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

sex, drugs, rock n roll, philosophy, motorcycles, sex, 66' dylan, combat

Sep 11, 08 3:21 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i really really like psychedelic slow motion californian closing CrEdItS! and the groups that sang em...and what blackhart said...

Sep 11, 08 8:09 am  · 
 · 
vado retro
JuDaS!!!
Sep 11, 08 8:21 am  · 
 · 
mdler

atechno

those could be real for all me know

Sep 11, 08 10:17 am  · 
 · 
med.

Wow posting nudity on an architecture website when you know we're at work in open office environment.

Very classy, mdler.

Thanks for making it too much of a fucking risk to browse archinect at work.

Thank you for your bastardization.

Maybe you should think about some of theses things for once.

Sep 11, 08 10:54 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I'm suprised paul hasn't nuked that image yet

Sep 11, 08 11:05 am  · 
 · 
med.

Well it shouldn't even be done to begin with. People should know better.

I'm going to hazard a guess that this site is most heavily trafficked during office hours and since most of us are in an open office environment where people can see your monitor and what you're working on and consequently when someone posts a picture of nudity others can see it. Luckily in my case, I don't think anyone saw me.

But just imagine the trouble this can cause for people.

Sep 11, 08 11:20 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Honestly, mdler. Just post a link to that image, with NSFW to protect the employed.

Sep 11, 08 11:22 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

besides the nipples are rather large

Sep 11, 08 11:40 am  · 
 · 
MADianito

you are worrying me guys....

I LIKE THE OPPOSITE SEX

and also music, all kinds, but good music

Sep 11, 08 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

i think there are 6 genders, what is the opposite sex to you?

Sep 11, 08 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

<sarcasm> Love it, "the" nipples. </sarcasm>

How about "her" nipples, since "the" nipples do, after all, belong to a person, most likely a woman although you never know with modern hormone therapy, who has thoughts and feelings and aspirations and all that other messy stuff that people tend to not want to have to think about when they are looking at nipples?

Sep 11, 08 1:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: