Archinect
anchor

Ideas for facade design for 10 story office building

greenlander1

Anyone have ideas for a facade?
I am trying to get some more ideas for the developer boss now since the architect produced these nice but somewhat dry, v sleek modern facade. designs. We are looking for seomthing w a little more oomph.
The building is 50m wide and 30 m deep and about 40-45 m tall in Korea.
First 3 floors are retail. The rest commercial. Trying to make a building that would be more attractive and eye catching for the passerby. But w a system that wouldnt be too expensive.

Sep 9, 08 6:50 pm
Manther

Um you're an architect. Figure it out.

Sep 9, 08 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
waterhouse
Paul Preissner Architects

navigate to the project called "300"

Sep 9, 08 8:41 pm  · 
 · 

hm. that project is proposed for ky, waterhouse. wonder why the context just looks - blank? we're anything but that.

Sep 9, 08 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hmmm...it doesn't show up in that nighttime riverfront view, does it, Steven?

Sep 9, 08 9:10 pm  · 
 · 

i think it's not really right by the river but in the lot behind waterfront park and in front of the pointy building ('preston pointe'). not sure why that skyline was included except that maybe people would recognize it from the museum plaza renderings and say 'oh yeah that city out there in the middle somewhere where they were supposed to....'

Sep 9, 08 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
ether

where's Try Google when you need 'em.

Sep 9, 08 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
waterhouse

I in no way represent the architect. I had his website bookmarked and somehow recalled this project.

Sep 9, 08 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
Bruce Prescott

Not really on topic, but check the "legal" link on Preissner's site -- it is quite an essay on copyright law!

Sep 10, 08 2:07 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

yes, holy feck, someone's banging a lawyer...

UNSOLICITED SUBMISSIONS.
PAUL PREISSNER ARCHITECTS LIMITED does not accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions or materials. We ask that you do not submit or send such materials to us except if you are applying for employment (see Employment). If you send creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, materials or other information (collectively, the "Information") to us, except as part of any application for employment, despite our request that you not do so, you automatically grant to PAUL PREISSNER ARCHITECTS LIMITED, and its successors and assigns, a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, display, create derivative works from and distribute the Information you submit to us, or to incorporate the Information you submit to us, into any form, medium or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe. In addition, you warrant that all "moral rights" in the materials or suggestions you submit have been waived and agree that none of the Information shall be subject to any ligation of confidentiality on the part of PAUL PREISSNER ARCHITECTS LIMITED.

Sep 10, 08 3:06 am  · 
 · 
randomized

I just love those decorated sheds where the facade has nothing in common with the interior or function of the building but only has to be attractive and eye-catching...

Sep 10, 08 3:08 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

Sep 11, 08 12:30 am  · 
 · 
greenlander1

I just love those decorated sheds where the facade has nothing in common with the interior or function of the building but only has to be attractive and eye-catching...

That's what I'm looking for. Decorated. That Preissner building is in the same balpark in terms of size to ours. But all that bumpy stuff on the facade will be expensive. I'm thinking more 2-d manipulation just surface.

I'm meeting w the designer today and want to throw a bunch of ideas at him so we get something more exciting rolling.

Sep 11, 08 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
randomized

forgot the [/sarcasm] at the end

Sep 12, 08 5:50 am  · 
 · 
ether

what has our profession come to?

Sep 12, 08 9:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: