Archinect
anchor

Japanese/English to German

hugo_istique

Hi, I worked for a while with a japanese architecture firm that are now starting to grow and make projects outside of japan. They currently have a project in switzerland, and I was wondering if there are any people who speak english or japanese fluently that could help in translating the documents into German swiss. We are looking for someone that has spare time and is flexible, and is looking to earn some extra cash on the side, Please let me know if youre interested

Aug 31, 08 6:43 am

日本語から英語に翻訳の手伝いは出来るけど、英語からスイス語は知らない。それでも良いのならば連絡をして下さい。

which is to say...i am happy to help out with the japanese to the english, but english to swiss would be another story...

Aug 31, 08 8:59 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

great
now all you need is someone else to translate english to german and someone else else to translate german german to german swiss. how much extra cash?

Aug 31, 08 10:22 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

you could call sanaa and find out who they are using for their EPFL project...

Aug 31, 08 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
PsyArch

If you would like a deeper understanding of the impossibility of the task that you face, Heidegger makes a fine exploration of same in the 40 page dialogue that opens On The Way To Language

Sep 1, 08 9:31 am  · 
 · 
filo

sanaa uses bollinger und grohmann for the epfl

Sep 2, 08 11:06 am  · 
 · 
noci

there ain't no written "Swiss German", it's just standard German

what's the timeframe & what would you imagine to shell out for it?

Sep 3, 08 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

you mean swiss standard german is a lie?

Sep 3, 08 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
noci

ha holz, I googled that myself before I posted above ;)

from TFA:

"It is similar in most respects to the Standard German in Germany and Austria, although there are a few differences in spelling, most notably the replacing of the German ligature ß with ss."

.. those differences are almost not noteworthy. It's 99,9% identical to "standard" written German. Now spoken, though, it's a different matter.... you can hardly understand them.

Sep 4, 08 7:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: