Archinect
anchor

Major Design Project Issues

20man

Hey Everyone!

I am currently doing my final semester of Architecture and I'm becoming a little lost with some major issues slowing me down.

Firstly the site I am doing has recently been undertaken in a competition. The site is way to big to completely deal with in this project, so my plan was to masterplan the site, then do an intervention as such within the site. A piece of architecture that fits within the masterplan and speaks of the entire concept on a micro level.

Now I have the brief for the competition, with the masterplan prescribed to an envelope level. I feel it is somewhat attracting me a little too much, and every time I work on my masterplan it seems I am attached to the competition masterplan.

What do I do? The main reason the likeness is occuring is due to a very significant axis that comes into the site, this is always my beginning point.

Either way I am getting so lost I thought why not start this discussion and see what comes of it.

Any thoughts/questions would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Aug 26, 08 12:47 am

if you work from the 'why' regarding what you're doing instead of the 'what' or 'how', you'll likely come up with something different from the masterplan already produced. if you have a solid argument for each planning move based on an overall concept for the site, it's unlikely you'll get the same answer, whether you have the same primary axis or not.

Aug 26, 08 7:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: