Archinect
anchor

A Fragile Store In Beligum

Apurimac
Store in Belgium

Designed by a relatively no-name firm import/export, for a relatively no-name client this thing makes the Alessi store in SoHo look like PVC shit (which it is).

Aug 23, 08 4:17 pm
evilplatypus

thats great - so perfectly squeezed in there. I love it.

Aug 23, 08 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

nice overall effect; the space, though, (third image down) not so nice. seems very contemporary to me for that reason. architecture today is sensation rather than proportion. how does it make me feel now rather than later.

Aug 23, 08 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Funny, i thought the space in the third image was the most alluring, with green wall to one side.

Aug 23, 08 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I love that space - work area, aisle wall/light shaft green thing - its proportioned to the slim site

Aug 23, 08 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

that's sort of what i meant, apu. the image is about the effect of the green wall - temporal - while the proportions of the space itself are awkward (albeit difficult to design around given the constraints of the site as evilp pointed out, "squeezed in there"). i like it at first, but i imagine myself sitting down in that office everyday, and it driving me mad. on the other hand, i would love to pass this building everyday, especially at night.

Aug 23, 08 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I see your point ja, i would be kind of cramped in there.

Aug 23, 08 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

cramped or "cozy"

Aug 23, 08 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I'm bumping this as it is a tuesday morning, this project is awesome, and I'm bored.

Aug 26, 08 10:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: