Archinect
anchor

books or blogs?

j-turn

My project just got put on hold ... so I'm a little bit bored at work. sooo .... I'm making a new topic.

Do you guys still buy books?
What are some cool new archi books you've seen recently?

Or do you find books boring?

I mean it's 2008. If anything's worth looking at someones going to be blogging about it - right?

Do you like blogs? What blogs show the coolest architecture?

Which do you like more:

archinect or ...
left wing sites that destroy america or ...
free music or ...
lol cats or ...
something else

Aug 21, 08 11:01 am

i buy quite alot of books, blogs provide small (hopefully) upto date snippets, but they are like soundbites, small samples.
and i must say - i love being able tolook through my books, sit back with a glass of red...totally different to sitting in front of the pc

Aug 21, 08 11:14 am  · 
 · 
brer
http://www.archdaily.com/

is good.
http://www.designreform.com/ is something I like as well.

Aug 21, 08 11:16 am  · 
 · 
brer

whoops, make that http://www.designreform.NET

Aug 21, 08 11:18 am  · 
 · 
RevisionV

I agree with pa2n except about the wine....

Aug 22, 08 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
xacto
my blog

- and a couple others but a book and a glass of wine/cup of coffee is a priceless experience. But blogs are a good way to keep abreast of what's new, also I look out for book reviews via blogs

Aug 22, 08 6:24 pm  · 
 · 

why 'or'?

Aug 22, 08 8:27 pm  · 
 · 

For me it's been 'or' as I realize my pattern is blogs-> book -> bed.

The more time I spend in front of the screen, the more I'm likely to stay up for no good reason, mindlessly clicking, and the smaller that window gets between laying down to open a book and sweet sleep. More blog = less book, which is kind of a shame.

Aug 23, 08 10:48 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Amen to that ... and even worse, sometimes I feel like I nowadays read books the way I read blogs: TOO QUICKLY

Aug 24, 08 12:12 am  · 
 · 
mendelerichson

blogs for what I need to know now; books for what I will want to know (and remember) five years from now.

Aug 25, 08 10:23 am  · 
 · 
bienbullicer

blogs are quite opinionated stuff and books are like most of the times factual, so you can really differentiate both easily.. There are some blogs based on facts, but those are from books and other materials like tha magazines or internet(not blog).. so basically, its just another information source from a more reliable information source which, is the book.

Sep 6, 08 12:45 am  · 
 · 

So the only good blogs are blogs are based on facts and all facts are from books? Wha ... ?

Sep 6, 08 9:10 am  · 
 · 
****melt

I'll take a book over a blog any day for the exact same reasons posted above. The computer screen also strains my eyes and is not conducive to a needy cat wanting to sit on my lap.

Sep 6, 08 9:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: