Archinect
anchor

what motivates you to be an architect?

batdinger

what i honestly thought would go unread and lost with the rest of the posts in archinect has found some light. i'm thankful for the overwhelming response (soulful comments, sarcasm, tangents, and all).

also, zoolander whenever I read your comments i can't stop thinking of ben stiller. tropic thunder was surprisingly good.

Aug 21, 08 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I also don't want to feed you, zoolander, but saying I'm proud of what I do and proud that people respect me for it is in no way equivalent to wanting to be "famous". That's just how you decided to read my comment, which says more about your goals than mine.

(I live in Naptown for chrissake - how "famous" could I possibly get?)

Aug 21, 08 11:10 pm  · 
 · 

i'm a hot shit architect, and Liberty Bell is my inspiration

Aug 21, 08 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
zoolander

lb,

Just a small town girl living in a lonely world, works the mdnight shift sketching everywhere...

Aug 22, 08 6:56 am  · 
 · 
Dikor

i love the way architecture make me thinks ...

Aug 22, 08 11:21 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

earth building

Aug 22, 08 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

architects seem to be like artists in some ways
they have a tendancy to get wrapped up in their work maybe more than they should

i dont really see whats wrong with that, if you are doing something you like for your career
that way you dont just have to get up and go to "work"
maybe you can actually enjoy it

personally, i like the building industry, and being an architect is a way for my career to have some creative aspects to it
no matter what career you choose, there will always be fun parts and not so fun parts
as an architect, the no so fun parts are not nearly as bad as other careers, at least to me anyway

people that think reviewing shop drawings and other little things are like death, probably shouldnt be architects

zoolander
if you hate architects so much, why are you on an architect message board?
and you never actually gave your motivation for being an architect

Aug 26, 08 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: