Archinect
anchor

revit famlies

shaner

any ideas how much should i charge to make revit families for an architect?

i noticed that some sites charge 60 - 300 per family based on complexity. any thoughts?

or should i just charge like 40 bucks an hour?

i never know with stuff like this

thanks for your thoughts

Jul 18, 08 11:41 pm
2step

I would imagine it depend on complexities of each family?

Jul 18, 08 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
2step

Im tired and I didnt see you had already said complexity in your post. I would say you should charge twice the normal drafting rate for your area at a minimum. The families you create are not simply drafting work but rather data the company will add to their library. Depending on their needs, 2x the going drafting rate may be quite low.

Jul 18, 08 11:56 pm  · 
 · 
gonad

what kind of families are we talking about?

chances are, when you do "finish" them (that is, think you are finished), you will probably be called a zillion times adding more parameters to those familes.... so i'd say charge a bit more

Jul 19, 08 8:44 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

yeah, that sounds right,...be careful with them adding tons of parameters once they start using them...I would bid the first part , thenm go hourly...like you said,

Jul 19, 08 11:37 am  · 
 · 
ARCHlTORTURE

yes what kind of families are these? something like doors, windows or casework are going to be alot more complex than toilet accessories and would demand a higher fee for their proper completion

Jul 19, 08 12:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: