Archinect
anchor

Voting for your own images is sad

bfraumeni

Do people vote for their own images posted on student projects?

Decide for yourself.

and if so, what's your take on that?

Jul 16, 08 4:19 pm
liberty bell

I don't pay any attention at all to the image rankings.

So, that's my take. If you vote for yourself, I for one won't notice or care.

Jul 16, 08 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

of course it seems something you would be proud of so be happy about doing that.

Jul 16, 08 4:31 pm  · 
 · 

I usually don't even notice the images...sad but true

Jul 16, 08 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
ARKTEK

Is there a prize if your own image "wins"?

I have never really paid much attention once I realized that the ones I liked did not always seem to rank very well by others' opinions.

Jul 16, 08 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Who ever smelled it, dealt it.

Jul 16, 08 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
colinrichardson

wow, i'd never seen that gallery before. seems like people don't hold back with the low ratings. more than anything, i think that rating your own image is a bit pointless? are you in a contest with someone else's images?

Jul 16, 08 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
DesignKERN

It’s like scoring a hit for yourself when it was CLEARLY an error. And then you ground into a double play next at bat.

Jul 17, 08 12:20 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

i don't think i've ever rated a picture on archinect...

but i wouldn't be surprised if there was some rampant self-important voting going on.

Jul 17, 08 12:33 am  · 
 · 

i occasionally check the gallery and vote. like i saw this house the other day and showered with 5's. i think it is a great design.
it is easy to detect the self promotional ones and i have to even the situation out as much as possible.;.) you know what i mean!
but it is a pretty reactive voting system with people usually voting down the good work because of jealousy or something or personal beef. often the final tally is not really reflective of the project's value.

Jul 17, 08 1:43 am  · 
 · 
mdler

vote early and often

Jul 19, 08 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
binary

link......wtf......

are we talking hot dogs/pancakes/ or hotness

Jul 19, 08 5:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: