Archinect
anchor

Flip Flops

crowbert

Flip flops are for community showers and poolside.

That's it.

Shoes with toe floss are unacceptable unless your feet will soon contact water with either soap or lots of chlorine in it.

Jul 16, 08 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

we've got a pretty relaxed office. yes, bosses wear flip flops as well. boots on reserve for site visits.

i haven't dressed up since le interview

Jul 16, 08 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

months after being hired my boss informed me that he almost didn't hire me because I had a suit on at the interview (casual suit, mind you). He was shoes-less, in ripped jeans, a wife beater, and smoking a cig during it, so I guess it's all relative. Even with the casual atmosphere, I still couldn't do flip-flops, I don't like seeing hairy man-toes, my own or others.

Jul 16, 08 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

i hope the flip-flop 'hating' attitude does not reflect in the work. If it does, time to loosen up.

Jul 16, 08 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

to the haters, but I'm on vacation

Jul 16, 08 4:54 pm  · 
 · 

phuyake' how about we switch jobs? Recently I've had to even dress more conservation - no khakis (wtf?) and would relish an opportunity to be in the right environment.

Jul 16, 08 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
mleitner

Rudofsky

(Towards the bottom of the page.)

Jul 16, 08 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

yo gabba gabba?

i only know gabba gabba hey...

but anyway, since the new yorker is causing such a stir with the current cover, they also have an item inside entitled "flip-flop flap" about the political kind, but it ends with this:
"Flip-flops are preferable to cement shoes, especially in summertime."

Jul 16, 08 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

So I was standing in line to buy ticketz for the wailers show (where I am now waiting for them to start) and the guy in front of me was wearing flip flops. I mention this because rather than toenails, this dude had fucking claws. They looked pretty sharp. Clip that shit!

Jul 17, 08 11:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: